PDA

View Full Version : d'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gust
09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
So get up. Check

Make lunch. Check

Make thermos of coffee. Check

Lures put together night before. Check

Tackle box with lures and rods put in car last night. Check

Then we decide to add some other lures to the box before leaving.

Get gas. Check

Get to the spot. Check

Realise we left tackle box on table after we added lures to the box,,, big sigh.

Now home. Check

Oh well there is always the bow river.

Big sigh.

NSR Monger
09-18-2012, 02:44 PM
:bad_boys_20:

ReconWilly
09-18-2012, 02:49 PM
:sign0161:

RapStaff
09-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Been there, before. Except it was all the bait.
Good thing my ex wasn't working and she drove it out to us or we'd have been in the same boat..........lol

Alberta Bigbore
09-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Pwn3d

Lol

the local angler
09-18-2012, 04:23 PM
i am also guilty of something simular, i got the truck and boat ready everything packed and got about 1/2 to 3/4 to the lake only to forget the tank of fuel i got the nite before in another vehicle. drove back got the gas and such and reheaded back to the lake and wasted a few hours. lol

Zorehor
09-18-2012, 04:33 PM
My son and I went camping/ grouse hunting Sept long. Wife went to Calgary. I had to load both vehicles. Left behind the coffee pot, spoons, forks, water, pot and pan. Had to carve spoons. He won't for get that trip any time soon. Lol:sign0161:

Alberta Bigbore
09-18-2012, 04:46 PM
I've only ever forgot bait I believe....

But with hunting.... I've driven 3 hours to find I forgot the trigger lock keys... And once about 2 hours to find I forgot ammo lol

BeeGuy
09-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I remember as a kid going on a week long canoe trip with the Fam 8hrs from home.

when pa was loading the canoe he looke to ma and asked, "where's the cooler of food?"

"in the kitchen by the front door"

"doh!"

Gus, if it's any consolation, the fish weren't biting anyways.

Gust
09-18-2012, 09:31 PM
So got home took a power nap to deal with my sulking, then headed to the bow for a few casts, ,,,,, 5 hours of casting and only a dinker and a stunning near hit near shore. It wouldnt have been so bad had I not had a slew of shifts that only see me getting two consecutive days off every 12 days,, one day dont cut it, back to work tomorrow and work a few more till those precious two in a row.

Garry B
09-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Yep. I think it happens to most people. My brother was taking me and my daughters fishing. We got ready the night before and all gear was at the front door. Rods, tackle boxes, etc. We went and the rods didn't. How dumb did I feel when we unloaded at the pond and had no rods. :angry3:

(There, I got a chance to use that icon.)

Sundancefisher
09-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Worse when you

finish fishing - Check
docked boat - check
unloaded boat - check
packed truck - check
rush to border - check
make it home 2 hours later - check
remembered rods lying against trees - ops

happened to a couple of friends.

double ops.

dale7637
09-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I have a story like that, more hunting related though.

Get up early- check
Drive to hunting spot-check
Walk cut blocks- check
Shoot big whitetail-check
Drive truck to deer-check
Wrestle and fight big buck into truck by myself-check
Get home and hang deer in garage-check
Realize 3 hours later that you left your brand new rifle leaning against a tree in the cut block- check.
Drive 2 hours to find it under 5 inches of fresh snow- check

Gust
09-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Go early to bed after packing the van for an overnighter with old pa. Check

Double check that tackle boxes, rods, lures hooks weights everything is packed. Check

Get gas. Check

Drive for two hours. Check

Get to our spot. Check

You know when you buy stuff in bulk, like minnows or smelts, then divvy them up into smaller packs for fishing trips? (rhet),,,

Well english breakfast sausages are bought and divied up the same.

Cause and effect!!!!!

So for bait we had 4 herring, packed differently than smelts and english breakfast sausages, and a bag of maggots which served no purpose other than rain like conffetti on uninterested lake whites.

So it was very careful, frugal bait fishing.

Day 2, and after a plentiful breakfast of - you guessed it - sausages, I decide to go for a drive and leave old pa on his own,,,,

Did I mention we forgot the net,,,,

Getting to a favorite popular hole, I discover that someone has dumped some herring in the water and spent an hour fishing them out, which helped produce a fish, which would have been a much easier c&r had I packed some pliers.

About this time, the sausages are acting upon me like I had just consumed a field of bran.

*****-tickets are back at camp,, emergency tickets used up,, my options were,my socks, the rag used for checking the oil, a touque or four tiny pointless kleenex,,, I used the latter and later washed my hand thouroughly.

Despite it all it was a stunning opening to autumn, water like glass and some fun fights, with fish.

slivers86
09-24-2012, 06:22 AM
I drove down the FTR and got to cataract creek, just to gear up and realise my fly box was sitting on the table in the basement... Doh! Had a spinning setup however, except the fish were having nothing of the 20lb braid on it! Damn!