PDA

View Full Version : what to bring??? uculet salmon fishing.

JamesonW
09-18-2012, 04:11 PM
hey guys,

I am heading out this thursday to catch the tail end of salmon fishing in Uculet BC. it is my first time salmon fishing and i wanted to know if anyone had any advice on what i need to bring (other than the essentials of course, rain gear, clothing...) i am fishing with Salmoneye charters and am not concerned with bringing fishing gear.

Just looking for any little things that you guys who have a few trips under your belt may bring that make life easier and/or the trip more fun...

thanks guys, any advice is welcome

canamdon
09-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Beautiful place... My cousin had the very first, and still does, whale watching business there. Along with restaurant, shop, etc....

Only think you'll need fishing there is a really good puke bag! Have Fun! :)

NewAlbertan
09-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Bring rain gear, a couple if you can, so you don't have to don wet stuff, or loaner stuff.
Bring lots of memory cards and batteries for the camera!

(and don't forget to stop in Coombs on the way over to see the goats...)
enjoy!!

Fishnafterwork
09-18-2012, 05:11 PM
If your not good with motion sickness get an ear patch at the pharmacy... Put it on the night before fishing.... Wicked drymouth but they work wonders

omega50
09-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Yes. The first time you see those rollers coming at you you will have a new appreciation for the power and beauty of the area. x 2 on gravol or motion sickness patch.

The first time I fished in Ucluelet was few days after 9-11.
Was supposed to go to Seattle for vacation the next day and of course it got cancelled. So we drove to Ucluelet on a whim and got smoking deals on the end of season cuz all their American tourists had cancelled out.

Serengeti Charters
09-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Definitely make sure you have the patch...has worked on every single one of my guests who had motion sickness!

Traps
09-19-2012, 07:04 PM
A large cooler and beer

Kingfisher
09-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Be sure to have something to eat at the restaurant on the pier. We were there this summer and had a great dinner there.

Rob

Torkdiesel
09-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Sam and Ray are awesome guys, you'll have a blast. The covered cabins on their boats are great for getting out of the rain, that is while your not catching all those fish :)

RapStaff
09-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Take your waders, I lived in mine for 2 days last time i was in Kitimat.
Then you don't have to fart around in rain pants and rubbers. I found my wading boots gave me good footing on the boat.