PDA

View Full Version : Big Bow River Brown

DiabeticKripple
09-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Went out on the bow tonight and it was very good. I caught my PB brown trout, and only one worth mentioning on a fly.

i guesstimate it at 23" and 5lbs. it was a thick fish, girth wise id say about 18". its side are about 6" deep and it was ~3" across the back maybe more.

ill start by saying about 2 weeks ago i caught a big fish in this pool and it popped off after a 5 minute fight. so i set out to catch it again.... and i think i did.

after being broken off on my only BWO i had tried tons of flies in my box and wasnt getting anything. so i said screw it and tied a completely random one on and started casting it.

i saw a couple small rises, a fish just sipping the surface right infront of me, so i cast about 4 times to it and on the 4th it took it, i set it, and off the fish went into the middle. fish never jumped but took me to my backing twice. after about 5 mins i got it close enough for a fellow to net it for me.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb410/DiabeticKripple/photo%20(18)_zpsf32a609b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhkLJCWJbGU

dont make fun of my comments, i probably was wrong on a few! i threw the 10 years out there as a guess, dont know how long these fish live.

Fish swam away strongly and sat on the bottom for 5 mins then went away into the deeper part of the pool.

the hoop on my net is 20" for reference

BeeGuy
09-18-2012, 10:09 PM
That's a beauty.

Persistence paid off.

ryanheartssteelhead
09-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Great lookin Fish! Congrats

Sundancefisher
09-19-2012, 07:32 AM
awesome fish...awesome story!

Alberta Bigbore
09-19-2012, 08:08 AM
oink oink...congrats on that beauty brown.

marlin1
09-19-2012, 08:11 AM
nice brown

Kingfisher
09-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Nice brown.

I was on a float trip last sunday with 2 of my friends. We boated about 30 fish between the three of us and lost at least that many again. But not one of the fish that we got either close to the boat and lost or the ons that we landed were browns. Everyone was a rainbow. Not saying that we didn't have any browns on the line. We may have with some of the one's that were long line releases.

Some days are like that.

Rob

DiabeticKripple
09-19-2012, 08:05 PM
this is my first brown over 10" on a fly rod, and only my second over 10". i caught this guy in may on a rapala.
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb410/DiabeticKripple/c1c82373.jpg

BeeGuy
09-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Nice brown.

I was on a float trip last sunday with 2 of my friends. We boated about 30 fish between the three of us and lost at least that many again. But not one of the fish that we got either close to the boat and lost or the ons that we landed were browns. Everyone was a rainbow. Not saying that we didn't have any browns on the line. We may have with some of the one's that were long line releases.

Some days are like that.

Rob

I don't fish the Bow a ton, but last october I caught more rainbows than all other months combined, and by a large margin.

Slabs

Guitarplayingfish
09-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Awesome brown man, Congrats on the great catch!!