09-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Wow! Don't know what my problems have been this summer but tried:
Star Lake 5 times---nothing
Chickakoo 1 time---to bites
Sauer 1 time---nothing
East Pit 3 times---several little ones
Unnamed Lake yesterday---

these........

This time...paid the price... Walked through willows and reeds, cleared reeds for 20 minutes and then stepped in a mud bog hole up to my arse!
Trying out smoking them this weekend.

Gawd I need to get a light small boat!

waterninja
09-21-2012, 12:06 PM
i'm guessing you went to salter for those beaties. after fishing once from shore at salter i bought a used small canoe and have been happy with it since. great for all the pothole lakes but a little scary on big ones like wab.

arnie_ab1
09-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Thinking of going to " unnamed lake " too but can't find it on Google, lol!

canamdon
09-21-2012, 01:35 PM
hahahahahahahaha...

Normally I'm the most helpful guy around... BUT... I broke my butt trying something new and want others to do the same :)

YeeHaw
09-21-2012, 11:56 PM
I'll show you my spot, if you show me yours!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Alberta Bigbore
09-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Nice!! Congrats on some good fish!

Mmtobias
09-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Those are some nice fish. I fished from the shore a few times and then bought a nice little 14ft aluminum boat. You can get them pretty cheap right now too.:)

canamdon
09-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Actually, just got an OLD 12' with a trailer $400.00

I bought some oars, make new seat benches, re-did some rivets, bought A LOT of calking/sealer and added two wheels in the back and one svivel wheel up front so I dont even need to use the trailer for those spots that are hard to get into. All this for $150.00 and some work.

Now for $550.00 I have a good little boat that (by myself) I can throw up into the truck, unload, wheel to the lake and away I go...

Trying it out tonight! Doesn't take me more than once to stand in a swampy mud bog and wonder if I'd be there forever stuck by myself. I had visions of someone finding my clothed skeleton standing there with a burned out cigar hanging out of it's teeth with a fishing rod held up in the air and a trout skeleton attached to the end of the line in the water ! hahahahah

Mmtobias
09-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Actually, just got an OLD 12' with a trailer $400.00

I bought some oars, make new seat benches, re-did some rivets, bought A LOT of calking/sealer and added two wheels in the back and one svivel wheel up front so I dont even need to use the trailer for those spots that are hard to get into. All this for $150.00 and some work.

Now for $550.00 I have a good little boat that (by myself) I can throw up into the truck, unload, wheel to the lake and away I go...

Trying it out tonight! Doesn't take me more than once to stand in a swampy mud bog and wonder if I'd be there forever stuck by myself. I had visions of someone finding my clothed skeleton standing there with a burned out cigar hanging out of it's teeth with a fishing rod held up in the air and a trout skeleton attached to the end of the line in the water ! hahahahah

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal!! I got my 14' on a trailer with 9.4HP motor for $1400 and love it!! Maybe I'll see you on the water.