PDA

View Full Version : save a guy at wab today

prodogg02
09-21-2012, 06:14 PM
went to wab today got there around 10 went to fallis an trolled an jigd back to pp arouind 4 was in moon loght bay there was a 3 man inflatable with 2 guys in it had electic motor on it.turnd around few mins later a notice one guy doing somthing at the back an one in the water 50 from dinggy an it was dfirtn away .the temp of water was 58f on the ff. i made my way ove first thinkn he was swimming? then seen the life line getn tossd got there in bout 2 min they was on far end of moon light bay i was by the tracks.i said need a hand hes like yes please he had his dad held up against the dinggy was no way he wa spulln him in and his trolln motor fell off when his dad fell in .we managed to get him up the swim ladder an into the boat he was cold but ok .his life jacket was almost off him over his head an he couldnt swim . idk how they woulda got back to shore with him holdn his dad against the boat. an no motor to help out .they was thankfull i was there hd a chuckle bout it after sayn thats one the wives don need to hear aboutiam not sure how long youd last in 55f water but it was chilly.fishing wa s ok to minnows was the ticket .anyway thought id share nothing like thats happen to me before .:)

just_dave
09-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Lucky buggers.

Good for you! Just emagine if you'd went about your business and payed no attention. I think we'd be watching and reading about an unfortunate incident at Wab.

NewAlbertan
09-21-2012, 06:27 PM
wear em, and wear em properly. snuggly!

"his life jacket was almost off him over his head an he couldnt swim"

:snapoutofit:

Fishfinder
09-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Oh my, what to say......
Nah best not.
None preaches better than the ant, it says nothing. RWE... I think....:budo:

Glad everyone was ok:)

Zanzibar
09-21-2012, 08:17 PM
They are lucky you were there. There is no way in h*** you could get me into a boat without a proper life jacket on if I couldn't swim, but you see it all the time.

the local angler
09-21-2012, 10:40 PM
great job on the rescue man.

Alberta Bigbore
09-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Good thing you were around.

bigd
09-21-2012, 11:29 PM
nice job on the rescue, lucky buggers indeed :sign0161:

waterninja
09-22-2012, 03:14 AM
things can go very bad very quickly on a lake. good thing you were around.

Kokanee9
09-22-2012, 04:00 AM
I'm sure they appreciated the help and were grateful after.

Good job!

Chris84
09-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Good job, too bad the guy couldn't swim. Your never too far from shore in moonlight bay.

mooseknuckle
09-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Good job, too bad the guy couldn't swim. Your never too far from shore in moonlight bay.

Lol moonlight bay? Guy probably didn't realize he could have just stood up!! Average in there is about 4FOW.

diggerrigger
09-22-2012, 09:59 AM
You should be proud of yourself man. Very well could have saved a life. The differance between a story like that and a sad story on the radio is just a little luck. Right place, right time, that lake owes you a good one for sure now!

Congrats on being there and again be proud cause thats a cool story.

canamdon
09-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Great job. Glad you were aware of your surroundings. Sooo many people just aren't aware of what's around them. If we were all like you everyone would be better off.

Let's all just keep this in mind. Don't have to be a nosey, staring person... just aware of your fellow humans!

My brother-in-law drowned years ago at Kootney Lake. There were three guys and only two came out of it. AND he could swim like a fish. Swim or not..... wear the Damn Life jackets!

Bowhunter1964
09-22-2012, 12:20 PM
It is to bad you had to save him ! That is the job for his "LIFE" jacket ! Good thing you were there and saved them. Good for you !

prodogg02
09-22-2012, 04:23 PM
they were very thankfull. and it was cold his son said it took him about 2 mins to stop panicing cause the cold water.i towd them back an they said lesson learnd .gave them a few tips on how to secure the motor better an mentiond a beter life jacket.i think next time they be a little more cautious.

Speckle55
09-22-2012, 09:04 PM
May the Karma you gave be returned twofold .. great job !!! thanks for sharing

David:)

catnthehat
09-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Good job!:sHa_shakeshout:
Cat