PDA

View Full Version : are you looking for perch near edm.?

waterninja
09-22-2012, 03:28 PM
going to let all you people looking for a perch pond close to edm. in on a little secret. just south on hwy.2 at the millet overpass there is a small pond on the east side of the hwy. you can actually see it from the hwy. i fished it about 20 years ago and caught both perch and pike. tried it again a couple weeks ago and caught about 50 perch in an hour and a half. no pike caught.
letting menbers in on this because i,m hoping you can thin out some of the perch and also let me know if you catch a pike. asked some locals about access and was told owner doesen't mind people fishing there just as long as you clean up after yourself.
pond is small, deep and very clear. apparently they dug it out for fill on the overpass and hit a spring. have fun.

BeeGuy
09-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Game on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz1kmGKDuUE)

chriscosta
09-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Ill see yall there lol seriously

EZM
09-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Game on x2

Best way to thin out ANY fishery is post it on here .........

Maybe post a map and the pond will be empty before the first frost

Lefty-Canuck
09-22-2012, 05:39 PM
I know where that is....I see young girls in bikini's swimming there in the summer...(through my binos anyways, I know where they live cause I follow them home.....ooops have I said too much??)...that is how the perch got in there!

LC

Alberta Bigbore
09-22-2012, 08:30 PM
LOL ive always wondered... now ill pack a rod to work as I pass it twice a day. may as well pull over for a break of some perch fishing and bikini gawking.

Sloughsharkjigger
09-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Game on x2

Best way to thin out ANY fishery is post it on here .........

Maybe post a map and the pond will be empty before the first frost

Now that's funny...... Time to set up the cheeseburger stand

Alberta Bigbore
09-22-2012, 09:33 PM
It will be littered with garbage and beer cans like Hermitage in no time :sHa_shakeshout:

Garry B
09-22-2012, 09:37 PM
I won't be going there ... but not for lack of wanting to try. However, I often wonder about these ponds that government makes when they build roads. Loads of them all over. Surely they could provide lots of decent little fishing holes right close to the city. The Anthony Henday has probably made a few decent ponds itself.

Please post pics anyone who catches. :)

Garry B
09-22-2012, 09:38 PM
It will be littered with garbage and beer cans like Hermitage in no time :sHa_shakeshout:

I guess here's a first reason why not. :(

1bigdingo
09-29-2012, 06:08 AM
I tried it out the other night and didn't get anything. Never fished for perch before tho. I tried pink power bait maggots, salmon eggs, pink trout bait, and a lot of small spoons. I also tried a number of small bead heads on my fly rod. What were you using for the perch? I also tried a number of different plugs for the pike, nothing there either.

chriscosta
09-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Cast some tiny jigs with maggots and split shots and slowly jig it across the bottom like they were walleye

waterninja
09-29-2012, 01:13 PM
when is the last time you were at herm? i go there on a reg. basis and and for the last 2 months i would bet you that it is the cleanest shore in the edm. area. all it took was hanging a few garbage bags that are brought up to the city garbage can on a reg. basis and some "educating" of the anglers that go there.
one problem is that the city does not pick the garbage up in a timely manner and the bags have been piling up for 3 weeks. (yes i called them and hopefully they'll be gone before the dogs or bottle pickers rip them open.)

waterninja
09-29-2012, 01:16 PM
I tried it out the other night and didn't get anything. Never fished for perch before tho. I tried pink power bait maggots, salmon eggs, pink trout bait, and a lot of small spoons. I also tried a number of small bead heads on my fly rod. What were you using for the perch? I also tried a number of different plugs for the pike, nothing there either.
just a hook and a worm has always worked for me. last time there got one every cast.

Alberta Bigbore
09-29-2012, 02:03 PM
when is the last time you were at herm?

I tend to no hang around the busy Holes, but last was a month ago. My girlfriends son earned his $10 for picking up garbage, line, broken pickerel rigs, pop and beer cans etc etc etc. Pretty impressive to fill 2 Sobeys bags in under 10mins. He doesnt mind for money lol.

And some guy had a crazy dog there that was trying to get our hooks as we cast them. Wouldnt shut up either, lol