PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lac Bellevue ??

e40water12
09-22-2012, 08:00 PM
I was just wondering if Lac Bellevue lake in Pt Paul is closed? the Main park access gate is locked. I am wondering if anyone knows on the south end has another entrance?. Thanks in advance.

Kim473
09-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Do you mean the park on the NW. end of the lake, closed. There used to be a boat launch at the NE. end of the lake and that was right at the road. Last time I was there, the water was so low that the launch was about 50ft away from the water. You can try there but that little bay may be pretty shallow. Years ago it was a camping spot and a baseball diamond, then water levels came up and flooded the whole works. (30) years ago. Now the levels are dropping again. I havn't been there in over 10 years now so not sure on conditions. If you get on you should have fun if you can find the eyes. Was stocked about 20 years ago and has been C&R since. Heard from locals 5 years ago that 8lbers were very common. Used to catch 5 to 10 pound pike in there. Used to be one of the best perch lakes in that area too. But that was many years ago. Hooked onto a pike once, and she spooled me str8 out. Took the hook, turned, and ran. I never had a chance at even winding a foot of line. Sure wish I could have got a glimps of her.

If you go there in the winter time be very carefull as that lake is fed with many under ground streams and the ice freezes funny at times and can go from 24" to 12" within 10 feet. Very dangerous in the winter.

End of Jan one year and the temps were -25 for a couple of weeks, drove on and started drilling holes. Drilled down 10" then air space about 10" then another 10" of ice. While driving off had one tire drop thru the first layer, needless to say we jumped out of the truck before anyone could say holy @@@@. Got lucky and drove out of it.

Post a report if you try it. Would realy like to know how that lake is doing. Havn't fished it now in probly 20 years.

I would realy like to try Chicken Hill again. Used to be a great perch lake.

e40water12
09-24-2012, 08:43 AM
awesome thanks for the helpful tips. I was talking to a few locals around they say the gate gets opened through the day, Lock near dark.