PDA

View Full Version : Travers boat launch help

Mmtobias
09-22-2012, 09:14 PM
I am going to travers next weekend and i have only ever used the little bow launch. Is this the only one? i have a 14ft aluminum boat and i would like to head up to the spillway or damn but it takes 25 min with my 9.4HP motor pinned and a tail wind to get there. I know there is one close to the spillway where the houses are but my friend told me its private access only. Are there any other ones?

Carson13
09-22-2012, 10:07 PM
There is a smal one right next to the spill way that you could probly put in a small boat, but you should check it out for your self!!

Mmtobias
09-23-2012, 09:13 AM
I'll swing by the spillway and check it out. Thanks.

the local angler
09-23-2012, 04:37 PM
just becarefull launching at the spillway cause its kinda like a beach sand there and i have seen full size vans and trucks sinking in trying to launch bigger boats there. like that one reply says walk it first before you launch.

Mmtobias
09-23-2012, 05:38 PM
just becarefull launching at the spillway cause its kinda like a beach sand there and i have seen full size vans and trucks sinking in trying to launch bigger boats there. like that one reply says walk it first before you launch.
I'll check it out first for sure. Thanks

anthony5
09-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Not a chance in hell you are going to launch a boat in that area unless it's frozen or your wearing snowshoes and using logs to roll your boat into the water. That place is nasty even in January:mad0100: Be sure to check it out before you try to launch a boat.

rena0040
09-24-2012, 12:39 PM
how is the provincial park launch, i was gonna head down tomorrow. i have a fairly deep 17 ft fibreglass

huntsfurfish
09-24-2012, 06:50 PM
There is a launch at Travers down by the dam as well.

Mmtobias
09-24-2012, 07:58 PM
There is a launch at Travers down by the dam as well.

Thanks. I have never been to the dam side. How's the fishing by the dam?

Kyle
09-24-2012, 08:06 PM
You just need to get out and do some fishing! I think you have made about 25 posts about where to fish, where to launch, etc. Too much thinking! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Mmtobias
09-24-2012, 08:41 PM
You just need to get out and do some fishing! I think you have made about 25 posts about where to fish, where to launch, etc. Too much thinking! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Lol I know. This damn knee surgery has laid me up for most of the summer. I figure i will only get out 2 possibly 3 times this year and I really want to make them count. I like fishing travers but I have only been there 3 times last year and it was all late spring. I heard that the lake gets pretty low at this time of year. Then, to add even more pressure, I am taking 2 newbie family members that really want a good day. Kananaskis is so beautiful, but I have only been to the upper and lower once. Lower we caught 1 bull trout and we got skunked on the upper but we only fished it for 2 hours before some bad weather rolled in. If I still had the better part of the season left then it wouldn't be such a hard decision, but I think i will take your advice and just FISH!!!!! Lol :sHa_shakeshout:

kevinhits
09-26-2012, 11:20 AM
We were out at little bow this weekend and I have a 10hp and got there in about 20 min. and just spent the day down there. I will have to check at the dam for a boat launch. The only one I knew of was in the resort and it is a private launch. It was kind of slow this weekend for us as we only got 5 walleye, no pike for some reason. Was anyone else out there and how did you guys do? Just curious because it was a little frustrating for us and we tried many spots along the lake and tried all sorts of rigs!