PDA

View Full Version : Taking the boat out for one last time tomorrow,

Graffy91
09-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Looking to get into some fish with the father before I start working insane hours and so does he during the holidays.

Been to wabamun countless times this year, maybe go there.

Thinking pigeon though, or lac st Anne.

ISO reasons, and how has the fishing been all around?

Thanks everyone, tight lines.

EZM
09-24-2012, 01:58 PM
This is the time of year, when the water dips down in tempurature where it slows down a bit for sure.

Experiment for sure - look deeper rather than shallower (seems counterintuative but just try it).

Graffy91
09-24-2012, 03:46 PM
This is the time of year, when the water dips down in tempurature where it slows down a bit for sure.

Experiment for sure - look deeper rather than shallower (seems counterintuative but just try it).

Of course it slows down, but dad needs to get out once more before she gets put away for fall/winter

binnzer32
10-02-2012, 12:03 AM
I have been catching 20-30 fish on Pigeon Lake my last 3 times out ( Sept 22, 26th, 30th). The fish finder is full all day, just have to use something aside from jigs tipped with minnows which they see all year, mind you can always get fish in that lake even with that or if worst case scenarios troll around with kwikfish, always works too.. And for those people who decided to fish in my anchor rope and anchor right up on me Please leave me alone... You have the whole lake.. I am catching fish for a reason, I am not using jigs!!!

Mike

iamkorean
10-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey there.
I was out at Muir lake lask weekend and Trouts were more active as the water temperature drops. close to the sun set, I found them near shore rather than in the middle of the lake. landed half dzn and all of them put up a goo ood fight. 'tight line'.:)

leloinjunior
10-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Was out @ Muir last weekend. Met two guys from Newbrunswick who generously gave us a nice 4lb trout (22inches). In the right light the skin had what looked like little pimple sized bumps all over it. Wasn't until I got home & took the skin off that I found the flesh littered with small black disgusting cysts. Looked it up & found "Black Spot Disease." Although it's harmless to humans when cooked, the sight made me crawl. Although totally gross, this parasite has an interesting life cycle if ya got the time to look it up.

Bhflyfisher
10-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Yeah probably wasnt too tasty either was it. Cant imagine why people would want to eat a fish that has spent 2-4 years swimming in a muddy lake, which temperature gets above 22 degrees in the summer. :sick:

Sure is fun with those fatties.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/jp465_2008/GOPR74012_zpscb0d7503.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/jp465_2008/1348631601972_zpsee2d3c24.jpg

Both of these fish had bumps. You just cant tell by the pictures.