PDA

View Full Version : Glenmore resevoir today

wannafish
09-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Hey everyone im at the glenmore resevoir by the rowing club. Been here for two hours using smelts off the bottom and spin casting with a little jig. Ive covered quite a bit of the shore so far and havent seen any evidence of fish whatsoever. Am i in the wrong spot or do i need to change tactics? This might be the fourth time i have been skunked here. All ive seen is one garder snake swimming around which was cool but id really like o catch something for once! Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

BeeGuy
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Throw on a crankbait and work the shoreline.

3-6 feet from shore. Stop and go retrieve.

If you find some weed beds, do the same.

There's lots of small pike in there.

EZM
09-24-2012, 01:43 PM
That area seems to be pretty good actually. I used to fish it every week a few times when I lived down there years ago.

This time of year I'd put a smelt onto a heavy jig and attach a bobber up a ways (30"). Cast it out as far as you can to the drops.

I'd twitch and work the bait back to shore (or along the shore) periodically pumping the rod a half dozen times (splashing a bit) and then letting it sit still for 30 seconds or so.

Hammered the $&*# out of the pike down there and landed quite a few real nice trout that way too. Try it - see what happens.

Mmtobias
09-24-2012, 02:43 PM
A guy at my work fishes there all the time in his canoe, he seems to do alright. I'll ask him what he uses next time i see him