PDA

View Full Version : fish heaven.

pelada trochu
09-24-2012, 09:13 PM
59219Felt like God came down to earth today and he and i did some fishing.
Was a beautiful warm evening. There wasnt a drop of wind and even though my time on the water was only brief, it was still time on the water. Yep. Im sure everyone has had some special times out on the water. But this one is mine.

Here is the story. Tried for big pike for about half hour but no luck. Then went to a shelf to give the walleye bite a try. Put on my new favorite hook and started jigging. Still no luck. Rubbed a little scent on the lure and still nothing. Slowly began moving the boat around about a boat length at a time. Then moved out deeper a few feet at a time. Still nothing. Been at it for over an hour now. (Your wondering how is this good) then finally i found them. Bang fish on. Just a small eye but it was nice to see. Then a few more casts and another. Soon they were coming regular. Just enough to keep you on the edge of your seat. Was another boat a few hundred yards off but they were perfectly quiet and so was i. The moment started to get better and better. Soon you could almost sense that another fish was coming. Next i hit a whitefish. Then a few more eyes and then the smallest pike i have caught all year. Just a pound or so. Good to see the little ones too. Then it was time to head her in. Boat ran perfect. Weather perfect even the sunset was perfect.

Thought id drop a few pics for all to enjoy. What a great time. God bless.

Oh dont be hating on the way i held up the baby pike. I should do better but he shook himself free seconds after the pic and didnt get exposed to the net. So he should be all right.

pelada trochu
09-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Still loving it

valley13
09-24-2012, 09:42 PM
good job man

marlin1
09-24-2012, 09:56 PM
gotta love those days ,nice

Lambo
09-24-2012, 10:20 PM
I know what you mean pelada! klow and I fished the red deer river last weekend and it was great! Weather was not too hot, not too cold, there was a light breeze, perfect river current to drift the boat and slip bobbers over our favorite spots. No one else on the river. Fishing with a good friend and we both caught tons of fish. Don't know how many times each of us said "this is a perfect fishing day, man!".:)