PDA

View Full Version : another bow? yaaaa right monger

NSR Monger
09-25-2012, 09:20 AM
caught another bow last night, think its a little bigger then the last, but it is possibly the same one. I know I know, hes on shore again, but hes still like half in the water, and I did want a pic of this one as well. He didnt flop around even once, and he had no dirt on him what soever when I released him, and yes he darted away quickly lol just to clarify for everyone........

Also caught a decent eye right before I left, had a great evening last night, steady bites and some how another bow. Man do I ever regret the why trout page, he fought harder then the 75cm walleye for sure (not the one is this pic, a previous eye that i posted), and breached about 50feet out!

DiabeticKripple
09-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Looks to be about 20"

Nice catch!

tight line
09-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Could be the same one, its a male! Nice fish!

Kurt505
09-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Gtf outta here! Too cool man.

Mitchthefisher
09-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Wow awesome fish man!

Alberta Bigbore
09-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Nice fish!

Darren N
09-25-2012, 12:31 PM
That's too bizarre! I thought the first was a freak of chance. What's going on?

RapStaff
09-25-2012, 12:39 PM
If you keep feeding that fish he's going to be a monster by next year...............lol

BeeGuy
09-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Looks to be about 20"

Nice catch!

+++

fish99
09-25-2012, 01:16 PM
nice trout

RockHammer&Rod
09-25-2012, 02:02 PM
caught another bow last night, think its a little bigger then the last, but it is possibly the same one. I know I know, hes on shore again, but hes still like half in the water, and I did want a pic of this one as well. He didnt flop around even once, and he had no dirt on him what soever when I released him, and yes he darted away quickly lol just to clarify for everyone........

Also caught a decent eye right before I left, had a great evening last night, steady bites and some how another bow. Man do I ever regret the why trout page, he fought harder then the 75cm walleye for sure (not the one is this pic, a previous eye that i posted), and breached about 50feet out!

Looks like the same guy IMHO... There are a few tell tale spots that match up on both those guys!

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t412/s_longfield/bow2_zpsea2cecc1.png
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t412/s_longfield/bow1_zpscde8273f.png

Bhflyfisher
09-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Definitely same guy!

RockHammer&Rod
09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Definitely same guy!

He's probably pi$$ed at you Monger... Hide yo kids, hide yo wife!

Badflies
09-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Nice one buddy! Definitely the same fish too. People this is why you catch and release. I hope you get him again sometime!

ReconWilly
09-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Awesome Awesome Awesome.

These events cannot be coincidental, your trout thread angered up the Godz...

Teamprotz
09-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Well , at three times its an obvious suicide attempt ! Give him one more chance , anyone ever eat a rainbow from the NSR ?

Dewey Cox
09-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't think you took him off the hook the first time. Just let him roam on a leash. :p

Gust
09-25-2012, 09:13 PM
well so much for the debate on dragging fish through the mud and causing high mortality.

Nice fish,, deja vu trout.

tight line
09-25-2012, 09:48 PM
well so much for the debate on dragging fish through the mud and causing high mortality.

Nice fish,, deja vu trout.

Lol, x2! People that concerned about the fish... Probably shouldn't fish

blue_skies
09-26-2012, 02:57 AM
thats pretty impressive

NSR Monger
09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Looks like the same guy IMHO... There are a few tell tale spots that match up on both those guys!

didnt have time to do that to the pics yet, thanks man!!

He's probably pi$$ed at you Monger... Hide yo kids, hide yo wife!
hahaha

I would have to agree it is highly probably that its the same fish, hes a couple hundred km's away from home I think.lol That is pretty cool to catch him again, i'll gladly give him a minnow any day in exchange for the fight he puts up!

Well , at three times its an obvious suicide attempt ! Give him one more chance , anyone ever eat a rainbow from the NSR ?

you know, it did VERY briefly cross my mind I could eat him, but, **** thats a nice looking fish, plus its from the nsr in city limits *yuck*

RockHammer&Rod
09-26-2012, 09:06 AM
didnt have time to do that to the pics yet, thanks man!! I would have to agree it is highly probably that its the same fish, hes a couple hundred km's away from home I think.lol That is pretty cool to catch him again, i'll gladly give him a minnow any day in exchange for the fight he puts up!

you know, it did VERY briefly cross my mind I could eat him, but, **** thats a nice looking fish, plus its from the nsr in city limits *yuck*

Ya best to avoid his meat.. The bigger guys usually aren't that tasty anyways, it's the smaller pan fish that taste the best! More flaky and flavorful as opposed to kind mushy.

pikergolf
09-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Lol, x2! People that concerned about the fish... Probably shouldn't fish

I'd look at it another way, people that are not concerned about fish probably shouldn't fish.

tight line
09-26-2012, 12:13 PM
I'd look at it another way, people that are not concerned about fish probably shouldn't fish.

Agreed! kinda worded that bad... just dont think that Mongers photos or my photos were anymore harmfull than handling a fish in a net. Think the most harmfull thing would be the hook in the mouth...Monger obviously cares about the fish he catches as he releases his fishas quickly as possible, as do I, Its fine that someone wrote a thread about proper fish handling practice about it, just seems like some people scrutinize too easily...

midgetwaiter
09-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Agreed! kinda worded that bad... just dont think that Mongers photos or my photos were anymore harmfull than handling a fish in a net. Think the most harmfull thing would be the hook in the mouth..

It does much more damage than a decent net would. Mammals don't have anything like the slime coat fish do, the closest thing would be the epidermis layer of the skin. Try and think of it that way, you are releasing the fish with an injury similar to bunch of shallow cuts when you remove that slime coat.

I have a background in high end aquariums and aquaculture, I used to make my living at it. I know that most people don't understand this because I explained it to clients several times a day for damn near a decade. That's why I tried to explain it here, seems like most people understood me.

It's a fact not my opinion.

tight line
09-26-2012, 04:11 PM
It does much more damage than a decent net would. Mammals don't have anything like the slime coat fish do, the closest thing would be the epidermis layer of the skin. Try and think of it that way, you are releasing the fish with an injury similar to bunch of shallow cuts when you remove that slime coat.

I have a background in high end aquariums and aquaculture, I used to make my living at it. I know that most people don't understand this because I explained it to clients several times a day for damn near a decade. That's why I tried to explain it here, seems like most people understood me.

It's a fact not my opinion.

I understand, and appreciate your info. Anyone that has taken grade 9 biology should be aware of that. It was definately a useful thread full of good info. Ill say this though i worked in a hatchery and seen broodstocks, and salmon handled repeatedly as well as placed on tape boards for measuring, that were not always wet, and thoose fish never had health issues afterwards... Maybe its the fish food ;)

latenite
09-27-2012, 02:15 PM
not sure if your into stocked waters, but i've heard rumors that Cow lake s.w. of Rocky Mtn house has bow's over 10lbs. very nice fish though.