PDA

View Full Version : Fall Walleye On The SSR

kallsimb
09-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey fellow outdoorsmen members, Okay so ive been doing alot of fishing on the SSR lately in the last few weeks trying to catch walleye but ive only managed a few small ones. Can anybody tell me where walleye are likely to be in a large river system like the SSR and what are some effective methods i could use to catch them? By the way the SSR is low and clear right now. Thank you for your time :)

rocky97
09-25-2012, 10:39 PM
lots of big walleye are around the forks, use a minnow rig just off the bottom and you should get into a few also fish late thats when the walleye are most actively feeding

pikergolf
09-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Full moon coming up, I would find a shallow flat that has a lot of minnows or a place that walleye can trap minnows. Should have a deep hole fairly close, 1/2 mile, and I would fish shallow cranks after dark. A slack area with 2 to 6 ft of water would be ideal. A warm water discharge area would be double ideal.:sHa_shakeshout:

Dale S
09-26-2012, 05:51 AM
The water temp. is still 59 degrees in the river.The fish are still scattered around.It has to get below 50 degrees for them to get stacked up in there favourate feeding holes.Figure out the time they are feeding and you can catch one after another.

Daceminnow
09-26-2012, 06:20 PM
The water temp. is still 59 degrees in the river.The fish are still scattered around.It has to get below 50 degrees for them to get stacked up in there favourate feeding holes.Figure out the time they are feeding and you can catch one after another.

listen to what this man has to share.

Dace

WayneChristie
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
I fished up from the SSR junction today and was surprised at how warm the water was, felt almost like a bath . did get a few walters though but no keeper size. lots of suckers too.

davegrant
09-27-2012, 10:23 AM

Bang on!!! We need 3-5 days of 10 degree weather before they start piling up. Go 1 week after this at about 4:00 till dark can't miss.

kallsimb
09-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys