PDA

View Full Version : shuswap...mara lake...mabel lake,,three valley gap

Eddy62
09-26-2012, 05:11 AM
spending a week fishing at these locations from oct 13 /12 to oct 20/12

was wondering if any body will be around or if any body has been to these lakes recently and how the fishing has been?

take care............................................la ter

Kim473
09-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Man do I love Mara Lake.

Bigdad013
09-26-2012, 07:59 AM
I will just miss you out their as I will be going home on the 10th. Fishing has been good.

slivers86
09-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Check the regs, as long as the rivers and streams are still open, most little inlets to the eagle river between sicamous and 3 valley are prime. Also, at sunset, you see nothing but fish rising on the lakes along the highway. Can't go wrong chucking bugs in there I dont think!

Good luck!

Gust
09-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Chuck little cleos at 3 valley gap. If you carefully walk the highway you can easily spot nrutes. That lake always spooked me as a kid,,, but the fishin is good despite its location.

slivers86
09-26-2012, 07:47 PM
The lakes on the opposite side of the highway from the village (towards sicamous, and revelstoke) had ALOT of surface action when I drove through. Next time I'm out I will wet lines in all of them :)

Rick.
09-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Was out house boating on the Shuswap last week fishing for four days. The Rainbow fishing was better than I've ever experienced before. We started out at Sicamus and went down thru the narrows to Seymor Arm and then back up to marble beach for a weigh in on Saturday. We caught rainbows everywhere except right in the narrows. Anywhere form 50 to 130 feet down. Used apex's and the watermelon and rainbow patterns worked best. Lakers were much harder to come by and we only got three keepers with five of us fishing. At the weigh in the largest rainbow (dressed) weighed 18 pounds and some ounces. We had nothing even close to that but the fishing was excellent. All boats seemed to do well on Rainbows and not so good on Lakers which is the opposite of what we normally experience. Rick.

Bigdad013
09-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Was out house boating on the Shuswap last week fishing for four days. The Rainbow fishing was better than I've ever experienced before. We started out at Sicamus and went down thru the narrows to Seymor Arm and then back up to marble beach for a weigh in on Saturday. We caught rainbows everywhere except right in the narrows. Anywhere form 50 to 130 feet down. Used apex's and the watermelon and rainbow patterns worked best. Lakers were much harder to come by and we only got three keepers with five of us fishing. At the weigh in the largest rainbow (dressed) weighed 18 pounds and some ounces. We had nothing even close to that but the fishing was excellent. All boats seemed to do well on Rainbows and not so good on Lakers which is the opposite of what we normally experience. Rick.

There was a derby and I missed it? Sounds like a great trip. I have to agree with the amount of rainbows caught, we never even caught 1 laker. 18 lbs thats a hog.

Eddy62
09-29-2012, 04:14 AM
txs fellows... speaking off it gustav that 3 valley gap lake kind off creeps me out too never thought off that before:) or if the helicopters are driving a fellow nuts.

watermelon colored apex sounds good i have usually used pink with the white back and have had good success or dragging a minnow pattern fly. some little cleos sound great to will pick some more up today.

hopefully i can share some pics real soon........................later

Eddy62
10-21-2012, 06:57 PM
well fellows caught 20 plus fish ( rainbows ) not 1 pike minnow that was amazing , biggest was 3 pounds and nice colors.

fought the rain on and off for the week and not 1 boat to be seen. all caught on the red and pink apex

i sure like fishing in the shuswap but i need a bigger boat lol...............later folks:)

Nakoda boater
10-22-2012, 04:42 AM
What do you have for a boat?

Bigdad013
10-22-2012, 05:03 AM
Sounds like a good trip, the rainbow fishing this fall has been amazing out their. Too bad you are not out their for the derby in a few weeks.