PDA

View Full Version : Back from 5 days in the Shuswap

Bigdad013
09-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Nice to be out in the Shuswap again, especially with the lake now being quiet. The fishing was awesome every second day. Seems they were only active one day at a time. First morning went out by myself for 4 hours and managed 9 Rainbows to the boat with the largest being 10 lbs and 27" long. Took 4 or 5 nice runs til netting him. Quit around noon to visit some friends. The next morning took my buddy out, not a bite in 6 hours, needless to say, he had a little doubt of my claim from the previous day. 3rd morning again went out with my buddy, wasnt 5 minutes and we had a 9 lb rainbow on the line, another good fighter and he was netted and put on ice. We caught 7 more rainbows and 1 nice kokanee 16". That night I parked my boat at hyde mt dock, the fishfinder was still on when I finished tieing the lines and noticed a fish at 8 ft in 12 fow. Grabbed the nearest rod dropped the spoon, jigged it twice and had a nice 2 lb rainbow. Nice way to end the day. Yesterday morning got out for a couple of hours before the drive home, not a bite. Guess it was time to leave. Can't wait til the long weekend for the last trip of the year out there again.

Mitchthefisher
09-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Nice bows!

Mmtobias
09-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Nice fish!! way better than the 2 i pulled out of chain lakes yesterday!!lol