PDA

View Full Version : Forestry truck road

Mranderson22
09-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Hey guys Im going to make my way down the trunk road south of edson on Friday or Saturday. I've been in the area once before near fairfax and it's beautiful country. I'm gonna be bringing the flyrod and waders with me, I'm just wondering what advice/recommendations you guys have in terms of rivers/creeks to try out this time of year. I'm not looking for any secret spots just a push in the right direction. Thanks folks

beerhonky
09-27-2012, 08:39 AM
My favorites are the Blackstone, Chungo and Brown. I mostly used a hairs ear with an indicator. Bulls and cutthroats. Hope this helps

Mutter87
09-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Let me tell you something, buy the book " Fishing Albertas Forestry Trunk Road". Great book, has info on all sorts of Tribs on the trunk and what flies produce and when.

Mranderson22
09-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks guys. Will definitely look into this book, Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

latenite
09-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Let me tell you something, buy the book " Fishing Albertas Forestry Trunk Road". Great book, has info on all sorts of Tribs on the trunk and what flies produce and when.

Do you remember where you bought this book? I would like to get a copy.

Rabdo
09-28-2012, 10:53 AM
you can find it
the fishing hole
wholesale sports

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/books-dvds/fishing-books/alberta-s-trout-highway/prod17738.html