PDA

View Full Version : Summer Fish Count

RapStaff
09-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Hey yal, just wondering if anyone else keeps an outdoor journal of their adventures?
I was looking back through my fishing bible, and I counted in 17 trips out there was 349 fish caught and landed......... assorted fish pike, perch, and walleye.

Anyone else keep an account of their exploits??

Sloughsharkjigger
09-27-2012, 02:51 PM
God I can barley remember what happened 5min ago...:thinking-006: Never mind keeping score all summer long.... Although I'am reminded now and then on how much $$$$ I spent searching for that "zen" moment.

All I know is it was just nice hanging out with family & friends and catching the odd one here & there.

GOT1!
09-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Yup , I keep my "Anglers log" also. 168 Hours so far in 2012 238 fish to date! But I arent dun yet!!

WayneChristie
09-27-2012, 07:57 PM
easier to count the hours I didnt fish this year. only keep track of my sturgeon, the rest are just gravy

RavYak
09-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Somewhere around 10 days out and 80-100 fish I would guess. Didn't get out fishing until August this year and just really getting at it lately. Last 2 days I was down at Buck Lake and that contributed a good 30-40 pike, only kept 2 though.

fish gunner
09-27-2012, 10:59 PM
I keep a log of my trips, sky, weather,water conditions, temp, lures/flies that produced. early this year I stuck to trout ponds so lots of little stockies, a trip to BC produced some better trout. the bow on opening week produced a few pike and a bouns laker. macinnon flats gave up 5 good bows. opening week also had a trip on the red deer which brought 2 nice 20" browns. we then got in a half dozen trips to beaver lake bringing the years best bow of 22" and hundreds of smaller fish. recently have worked the lower red deer for wallies and good browns on the fly. now im exploring the upper red deer getting lots of bulls and a few browns, one of 23" for a new Alberta personal best, complimenting many willing RMW. the future holds a few trips to burnstick ,scouting perch for the hard water and if we get the moon right a 100 pike day. will be on the upper red deer for most of the remainder with a few trips below the dam to bolster my walleye numbers. one trip to piegon may be in the works. every year my log book gets better at predictions of what where and when to fish. tight lines all.

Fishnafterwork
09-27-2012, 11:01 PM
easier to count the hours I didnt fish this year. only keep track of my sturgeon, the rest are just gravy

4 fish for me ..... And lots of gravy :)

trapshooter
09-27-2012, 11:17 PM
128 Walleye
5 Pike
3 Kokannee
12 Goldeye
28 Rainbows

Pretty crappy summer, only got out half a dozen times.

slivers86
09-28-2012, 02:16 AM
count says it all