PDA

View Full Version : Christina Lake

B_Type13X2
09-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Anyone know of any good shore fishing spots along this lake and could provide directions? Would also go to the rivers feeding it.

tight line
09-29-2012, 09:57 AM
If you head out of Conklin towards the Cenovus plant, you will see trails going toward the lake, i havent been down them, but people told me they go down, there is some good spots along that side, if you dont have a good 4x4 dont go down. Also right in Conklin, just out from the bridge, or along the boat lUnches, the pike cruise on the lily pad rdges, if it is not busy, you will probably catch. I was working up there in june, hD my pontoon boat! Did pretty good! Lots of 4-8lbers!

B_Type13X2
09-29-2012, 01:54 PM
If you head out of Conklin towards the Cenovus plant, you will see trails going toward the lake, i havent been down them, but people told me they go down, there is some good spots along that side, if you dont have a good 4x4 dont go down. Also right in Conklin, just out from the bridge, or along the boat lUnches, the pike cruise on the lily pad rdges, if it is not busy, you will probably catch. I was working up there in june, hD my pontoon boat! Did pretty good! Lots of 4-8lbers!

I have a stock 4X4 so I don't think I'd wanna take my F150 down there. I'll be sure to try the other spot, I was hoping to hit up some fishing on the lake, I am tired of fishing the bridge to no where.

Mikezilk
09-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Where are you working... Christina is best down past the narrows.. need a motor boat... Do you have a boat? What hours are you working up here? I am out at Devon Jackfish 3 and have fished a lot around here, hopefully I can tell you where to go and what you can hit, whether from shore or boat.

B_Type13X2
09-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Where are you working... Christina is best down past the narrows.. need a motor boat... Do you have a boat? What hours are you working up here? I am out at Devon Jackfish 3 and have fished a lot around here, hopefully I can tell you where to go and what you can hit, whether from shore or boat.

I'm working in town but like I said 7 days on 7 days off from wednesday to wednesday right now I'm on my off cycle, and unfortunately no boat right now, strictly from shore.

fishermansfriend
09-29-2012, 10:47 PM
go to christina lake lodge they rent nice little boats for 25 an hr or so.. fishing is decent all over that lake for pike but everyone suggest the boat ride past the narrowns for the best luck.

Mikezilk
09-30-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm working in town but like I said 7 days on 7 days off from wednesday to wednesday right now I'm on my off cycle, and unfortunately no boat right now, strictly from shore.

Yeah.. that is the bad part. The best fishing is down past the narrows. Big pike and tons of walleye. You can rent a boat from the lodge. Or try to become friends with someone who has a boat up here. I usually bring my canoe or one of my kayaks up. That at least gets me out of shore. Lately though I have been fishing Winefred Lake with my kayak and canoe and slayed some big pike.

NexXx
10-01-2012, 08:36 AM
I have fished Christina Lake past the Narrows as well, and I gotta say, best lake fishing experience of my life.

A buddy and I were interested in fishing Winefred Lake as well, is there a Lodge, Dock and/or Boat rental on that one too?

catnthehat
10-01-2012, 10:03 AM
I have fished Christina Lake past the Narrows as well, and I gotta say, best lake fishing experience of my life.

A buddy and I were interested in fishing Winefred Lake as well, is there a Lodge, Dock and/or Boat rental on that one too?

Yup, the works!
Cat

Mikezilk
10-01-2012, 10:36 AM

You can rent boats at Winefred Lake Lodge. They are at the end of their season so might now have much around to offer till spring. I have fished it pout of my kayak and canoe this fall.. and landed some monsters. 44" 21.8lb pike and tons over 32"

I am working up at Devon Jackfish 3 till next fall so I will be out a ton in the spring again.

Safety D
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Fred in night and day better then Christina

fishermansfriend
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
its also a little ways to travel.. ive also be skunked out there, Christina lake is amazing i wouldnt ever hesitate to spend a day fishing there! Its also closer to most work sites in the conklin area.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/manicchild/christina2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/manicchild/christina.jpg

NexXx
10-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the info. Is the road to Winefred paved? We noticed the sign when we hit Conklin that it was an extra 70km to hit lake.

Now, if the lodge at Winefred is close for fall (which is the best season in my opinion for fishing), would the dock still be available for the public?

Also, made this post about a month ago, thought I should share with you guys:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=147789&highlight=christina+lake

fishermansfriend
10-01-2012, 12:10 PM
road isnt paved but there is another lodge other than winifred.. road can be great or terrible it depends id call the lodge for info.

Mikezilk
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM
I have been skunked on Christina a few times... Winefred... NEVER.. love it there...

Here is my 44" 21.8 lb... caught and landed solo in a canoe.. Weighed, measured and released..

Safety D
10-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Freds the best hands down !!!!!! Worth the extra 25 minute drive from the plants to catch way more fish !! Christina was ok back in 2009 but gets crappier and crappier each year