PDA

View Full Version : Best place to fish around the hat

safcforever
09-29-2012, 04:11 PM
This time of year. I've tried a few places but nowhere really sticks in my mind. I like fishing the SSR but its low at the moment. So where is the best place for
Pike
Walleye
Sturgeon
Burbot (never ever caught one of these)

I'm looking for different fish to keep it interesting so i would be thankful of any help.

safcforever
09-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I know people don't like giving away there best spots but the size of the fish isn't important it's the type I'm after. I want to keep my son interested rather than just keep pulling in suckers or gold eye out the SSR

WayneChristie
09-29-2012, 05:05 PM
got a 6 pound sucker a couple hours ago, Id rather catch those than the walleyes I caught, way more fight to them. Just find a deep run and drop in some bait, not too many sturgeon biting right now they are scattered or moved to their winter holes. Im an hour from the Hat myself.

Popik
09-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Ill be down in that neck next week...gonna bring the fly rod and was hoping there would be a few spots to pretend or practice.

Shawnlh
09-30-2012, 01:02 AM
This time of year. I've tried a few places but nowhere really sticks in my mind. I like fishing the SSR but its low at the moment. So where is the best place for
Pike
Walleye
Sturgeon
Burbot (never ever caught one of these)

I'm looking for different fish to keep it interesting so i would be thankful of any help.

Don't tell.....

safcforever
09-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Don't tell.....

I tried there. Spent all day there and caught nothing. There must have been 15 people there that day and 1 sucker fish was caught.
I'm gonna wait a few weeks for it to cool down then I'll go back

WayneChristie
09-30-2012, 10:28 AM
you could try the forks, lots of fish around there most days, chance to catch a lot of different species

fish gunner
09-30-2012, 10:46 AM
rattlesnake res, I get to the hat every winter to fish the derby there. lots of perch &pike to be had. never been skunked on it myself. with the warm weather try the dam end. hope that helps.

safcforever
10-01-2012, 10:22 PM
rattlesnake res, I get to the hat every winter to fish the derby there. lots of perch &pike to be had. never been skunked on it myself. with the warm weather try the dam end. hope that helps.

I caught so much perch out of there, it's too easy. Never caught a pike out of there

lippy
10-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Don't tell.....

4 days ago i was directly across from that spot..we caught some suckers which was entertaining. We found a boat motor on the bank ..it was too heavy to take away so it is still laying there...a bit worse for wear mind you but someone must have an interesting story behind that one!?

Newbie.fisherman82
09-06-2013, 08:10 PM
hi,
am hoping for a little help....... only ever fished the SSR 4 times (different spots) and had no luck at all. b4 coming to the hat i had only ever fished the lakes in north sask and lets be honest u dont have to b good to catch up there lol. what is the best bait/rig to be using on the river? not got a specific fish im after just want to start catching and get my boys back into it......

WayneChristie
09-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Worms,minnows, suckermeat, on or near the bottom. 15 plus varities to catch running from a few ounces to over 100 pounds. Its great! Fish pools or eddies

Fishfinder
09-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Oops, suggested a couple spots, was meant for pm. Sorry, I'll try that again doh!

Welcome to the forum btw.:)

Newbie.fisherman82
09-06-2013, 09:06 PM
hahaha thanks guys appreciate the help :happy0180: