PDA

View Full Version : Great bow bear hunt

bear obsession
05-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I was just up in peers alberta on a bear hunt, for 500 dollars McLeod Valley outdoor adventures set me up on 3 stands and i took a nice black bear. To top it off i found a great taxidermist "sugar creek" where im getting it done.

Jeff
Gatta be a mathews

Hoochie Papa
05-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Congrats on the bear!! And from what I have heard around here, Sugar Creek is a top taxy shop.

Gonna need the story and pics if you got 'em.

And also welcome to the board. That's they way to make an entrance.:D :D

stand junkie
05-05-2008, 05:33 PM
congrats on the bear. You made a good choice on marco seen lots of his work and it all looks good.

The Bit Runner.
05-05-2008, 06:09 PM
awsome,met him the other day at red deer archery center,heard he is good.what did you use for a broadhead?Need Pics Soon your killing us.
Good job!!!!!

hunter30
05-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Where is that center , please and thank you!

Hunter 30

SugarCreek
05-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Where is that center , please and thank you!

Hunter 30

Red Deer Archery Centre is on Gaetz Ave a block north of the Parkland Mall on the West side of the road. Across the street from Kipp Scott Pontiac and just north of Arby's. Their phone number is (403)343-1153. Pat and John know their stuff and will help you out with whatever you need.....great people.

Bear obsession.......great bear, want to see pictures here and at the shop. Always fantastic to see the excitement in a hunter who has taken their first bear. Doesn't seem that long ago when it was me but that was already 10 years ago. Know the feeling, the shakes to where you wonder if you are going to be able to climb out of the tree stand or if you are just going to fall out. Good on you!!!!!!! Sounds like McLeod Valley Outdoors Adventures has a decent option for guys that don't have a lot of time to do the baiting for them self or just don't really know what to do. I know you fellas are heading back up there next year for some great adventures and memories.

Congratulations again........Marco

bear obsession
05-06-2008, 07:50 PM
sorry guys i cant get my pictures on here they are to big and the video i have is way to big to even email. I used Crimson tallon broadheads and wow did they work

Cowboy Al
05-06-2008, 09:16 PM
We need pics! Maybe copy them then edit the copies to fit (if they're digital, I do that all the time). I need a fix until I go hunting next week.

bear obsession
05-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Sorry guys i cant get the video on here hope these pics are good enough

Donny Bear
05-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Great Pic's Thanks for sharing as for Sugar Creek well he has Three of my animals at this time Marco is an artist you will be very pleased I'm sure.

Congrats on a job well done:D

bear obsession
05-06-2008, 11:06 PM
After being in his shop I have no doubt in my mind that it will be better than I expect, but thanks for the reassurance.
Please send pics after you get yours back so i can get more excited. Also anybody that shoots a mathews please give me your info because I am having a hard time paper tuning mine and i dont know if its me or my bow, but everything else is top knotch. Quiet and deadly.

bear obsession
05-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Donny bear did marco do that fish

BrownBear416
05-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Congrats Jeff on a fine bear.

bear obsession
05-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Does anybody know a better way to get everything off the skull with out boiling it.

Please respond quick if you do the smell is god awful

sheepslam
05-10-2008, 06:52 AM
send your skull to someone with beatles,my cousin has them and is in bussines now,she also bleaches your skull if wanted,

leftiesarebetter
05-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Hey jeff I believe that if you called marco he will tell you what to do so you don't have to keep smelling that aweful smell:sick: . Congrats on your bear that is awesome. And as for your paper tuning we couldn't fully paper tune craigs bow either because of his fingers. It might be the problem but bring it by the shop on tuesday and we will see what we can do.