PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in ice shacks?

foxracing_23
09-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm in the process of building two semi-portable ice shacks. They are designed to fit in a truck box and are constructed out of welded aluminum frame, walls are a uv resistant plastic which are not brittle in cold temps, the inside is insulated with a metallic liner, and one has a chimney pipe with a secured wood burning stove, the other has an electric heater. Both have a solar charged light. They are 4ft by 6ft and have two holes with covers. A bench that along the bottom
And a bunk above. The bench has a lip that folds down for an extra 6" to be used as a bunk as well. The total weight is estimated at 275 lbs.

I will post some pics probably this week as they get closer to completion but I'm wondering If there is a market for something like this and if I should build some
More before winter hits. An estimated price would be around 1200$ including rails to push it into and slide it out of the box. I know a picture is worth blah blah so I'll get some pics up ASAP.

Zanzibar
09-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Sounds cool, but if it will fit in the box of a truck, and weigh 275 lbs, it's gonna be tough to hold down on a windy day. Maybe it can stay attached to the truck when it's on the ice?