PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Cup

hogsmoker
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know who won the Vanity Cup (Tobin) or where you can find results.

208prov
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Heard Perry Pugh and Terry Magel 65.4 lbs

bcacoutdoors
10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
yep that was winning weight 2nd was greg kubel and curtis wright with 63 and change 47 pounds was the cutoff for a cheque. it was warm and fishing was unreal. big fish was 15.15lbs. we finished with 45.23 with 9 fish. needed that last over fish but still a blast

bobalong
10-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Does anyone know who won the Vanity Cup (Tobin) or where you can find results.

Digger usually has them and can email them to you.

hogsmoker
10-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks Bob

Did you hear of anyone else in the top ten from Alberta, besides Greg and Curtis.

Teamprotz
10-01-2012, 10:00 PM
We couldn't get an over day 1 , weighed 12lbs on 5 slots. Day 2 started with a bang , 14.2lber , and 4 nice slots for 25.4lbs total. Two days , only one big fish but just over 37lbs. Really could have used our overs. Any comments on next years entry and format ?

208prov
10-01-2012, 10:01 PM
We couldn't get an over day 1 , weighed 12lbs on 5 slots. Day 2 started with a bang , 14.2lber , and 4 nice slots for 25.4lbs total. Two days , only one big fish but just over 37lbs. Really could have used our overs. Any comments on next years entry and format ?

Whats the new format?

bcacoutdoors
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Should be fun it will be like fishing a new tournament everyday. The guys that are out of the money after day 1 can still have a chance at 25 grand. New format is first place day one pay out 25000 then first place day 2 money 25000. Then 2 day highest weight 50000.

bobalong
10-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks Bob

Did you hear of anyone else in the top ten from Alberta, besides Greg and Curtis.

Never heard, a couple of the guys I know that went were coming home today, so probably give them a call tomorrow.

bobalong
10-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Should be fun it will be like fishing a new tournament everyday. The guys that are out of the money after day 1 can still have a chance at 25 grand. New format is first place day one pay out 25000 then first place day 2 money 25000. Then 2 day highest weight 50000.

So you could win 100K if you can put two good days together....that will be interesting for sure

Teamprotz
10-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Didn't know he had decided on the two day payout for sure. Keeps more people in the game , I was definitely depressed , again , going out on day two WAY behind. $2000 is still a lot of money for entry !

Topwater
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Congrats to Terry and Perry. Chris and I only got 37 pds this yr but feel we learned a couple of decision making lessons that'll help us next yr. As far as the format for next year they haven't decided yet and are taking feedback from participants. Myself I do not want to see any day weight money. IMO this is one of the hardest tournaments to win and paying out day money will cheapen it and then it becomes a derby. Putting 2 great days together is what separates the top teams from the lucky ones. I also feel that they are already taking enough money out of the entries to run the tourney and do not want them to "double dip" if they double the entry fee and would like to see 100% of the extra 1000 entry paid out to the fisherman/women. Weather was fantastic last weekend and the fishing hasn't been affected by the tournament pressure. I guided on the river yesterday and we caught 5 red zone walleye in about 3 hours including there limits of eaters before we went pike fishing so lots of time left if your thinking of a trip to Tobin.
Steve

Teamprotz
10-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Too bad they couldn't have fixed the road BEFORE the tournament , what a joke ! They also should lose the boat as second , its over valued and goes up for sale immediately anyway. Maybe make it a glass Lund with a real motor !

Paul C
10-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Too bad they couldn't have fixed the road BEFORE the tournament , what a joke ! They also should lose the boat as second , its over valued and goes up for sale immediately anyway. Maybe make it a glass Lund with a real motor !
X2 There lots of teams asking why the road is not watered down help keep dust down. What a mess on the boats.

Topwater
10-02-2012, 06:48 PM

Actually the joke is the people who think that major road building/construction happens overnight and the money to do so just appears out of nowhere. The Nipawin Regional Park built a new spray park for the kids and is redoing the road into the park this year. Give your head a shake, you think the park revolves around the vanity cup? As far as I know it was supposed to have been paved by now but the contractor elected to do some other job so it should be done by opening day in the spring. The road funding was a combination of loans/grants and donations from the town and rm and yeah it would b nice if it was done in January so it wouldn't inconvenience you so on behalf of the community you used to call home we apologize

Paul C
10-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Glad to hear that work will be done there for next year.

gramps73
10-02-2012, 09:23 PM
From what was said at the rules meeting, the money for the park and road came from Vanity money....never the less the least they could have done was keep the road watered down.JMO..

Teamprotz
10-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Wow , say whats on your mind ! They could have at least graded and tried to keep the dust down ! My family has been part of Nipawin for 50 yrs and continues to be and has put money into the Vanity and Premiers cup every year. Why start a p!ssing contest ?

Paul C
10-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Wow , say whats on your mind ! They could have at least graded and tried to keep the dust down ! My family has been part of Nipawin for 50 yrs and continues to be and has put money into the Vanity and Premiers cup every year. Why start a p!ssing contest ?
X2 I am sure they will get it done when time is right.

Freedom55
10-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Try Pinehurst. 45 miles of the dustiest road in Alberta. My partner is thinking about cancelling that portion of the tour because of the road. Well, that and the gong show that is the scale house and so on.

Or Delaronde. 15 miles of dusty roads, which last July created an inch thick coating on all the boats after the midnight rain on Friday. Except the blue Lund tiller. He went one mph to prevent mud splatter on his craft.

Plenty of time to wash the tools after the job is done. And it is fishing in Saskatchewan guys. Some roads here are just downright unfinished. That mile or so is not worth getting in a frenzy over.

Free

Paul C
10-03-2012, 09:28 AM
I heard the scale had a mind of its own. Weigh readings all over the place.
A couple boats were referred to a upholstery shop for some custom covers for their motors including the leg. The one I saw had little bit of dust on the inside,

bobalong
10-03-2012, 12:38 PM
http://www.nipawinjournal.com/2012/10/01/record-weights-caught-at-vanity-cup

Paul C
10-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Here is few pics from the tournament. The tobin6 pic was taken from the top of the bridge. Then rcmp kicked me off the bridge. What's really funny that Sask F&W recommended I take photos from up there.There is four people caring for the walleye before it is released into the river.

Teamprotz
10-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Nice pics. They had alot of big floaters when we weighed Saturday , red tails are never a good sign.