PDA

View Full Version : Second spool on order!

slivers86
10-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Finally I have located, and ordered a second spool for my pfleuger trion 1978. Question is, what do you think I should spool it up with? I'm thinking some kind of sink tip link, for trolling around on the lakes.

Being as I am still pretty new to the fly fishing game, what would you recommend? I have a tube and kick around a few lakes here and there, but mostly walk and wade. My other spool has rio gold wf floating line.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
10-02-2012, 03:20 PM
thats great news , where did you finally locate it from ?

pikergolf
10-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Intermediate sinking, will cover 80% of your fishing. A floating will do the other 20%, unless you have really deep lakes where your at.

fishpro
10-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Check out the Rio versi-tip lines. They're a little more expensive but they'll cover a ton of situations.

Scott N
10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
I agree with pikergolf, I would go with an intermediate full sink like, I like the uniform sinking type myself. While sink tips are useful in lakes, I think they are a little more suited for river / stream fishing, while full sine lines are a little better in lakes.

Kingfisher
10-02-2012, 08:22 PM
If your using it in lakes trolling around I would get a clear intermediate like the Rio Aqualux or the Cortland clear camo lines. They are a slow sinking line. So they will sink as your trolling them along. But not fast. You can also use them for casting and retrieving in case you anchor or are casting from shore.

Rob

tight line
10-03-2012, 12:00 AM
If it isnt a large arbor reel be careful with the sinking lines, i put some cortland clear camo on a old smaller 5wt reel i had and it didnt like it, lots of memory, which makes casting difficult... If you do run as much backing as possible, which is always a good idea anyway! My 2 cents

slivers86
10-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Sorry for the late reply buddy. John I got the spool directly from the main distribution.

1-800-554-4653 - You want to talk to 'Nissa' I forget the extension.

In total it was 59.00 USD shipped snail mail. I had the option to courier, but with the season winding down I told her not to bother, and snail it.

Hopefully this helps anyone else looking for it.

The reel itself is a medium arbor reel I'm pretty sure.