PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Fishing show on Wild TV?

Peace Country
10-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Who do you think has the best fishing show on Wild TV and why?

pike_king780
10-02-2012, 08:30 PM
not sure about wild but on WFN i like dave mercer obviously and jp derose even though i dont like HIM that much he has alot of useful info about upcoming or current products

Serengeti Charters
10-02-2012, 09:53 PM
While not a fishing show completely, be sure to check out our 2 episodes we have coming this winter on The Hunting Chronicles. The footage is spectacular, the new camera they just bought is unreal! Never seen more crystal clear video before.

Graffy91
10-02-2012, 09:57 PM
The always classic Fishin' Canada, and Dimestore Fisherman even though theyre never on. :(

Mxyzptik
10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I like Charlie Wray on Fishful thinking, it may not be the most exciting but I've learned more practical stuff on the mechanics of trolling from him than anyone else.

Peace Country
10-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys this gives me some ideas as to which way to look.

Rustomatic
10-03-2012, 07:50 PM
i find the most informative to be in-fisherman

Sundancefisher
10-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys this gives me some ideas as to which way to look.

If you are thinking of getting someone to do a show at your place...Bob Izumi is your guy.

Peace Country
10-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Sundancefisher that is what I am looking for is a few TV shows to help with the marketing of our new fishing lodge in the NWT at Aylmer Lake.

Sundancefisher
10-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Sundancefisher that is what I am looking for is a few TV shows to help with the marketing of our new fishing lodge in the NWT at Aylmer Lake.

Bob has done this in the past and I have seen his shows on the subject. Definitely worth discussing with them. He and I use the same guide on the west coast. I just checked with him and he is interested.

I put a good plug in for your business for you.

Cheers

Sun

hiddenwalleye
10-04-2012, 09:06 AM
:)...Without a Doubt, if you want to LEARN how to catch Lake Trout and all other trout and other species it is Fishful Thinking, Charlie Wray, shows what lures, structure to look for, equipment selection, speed and boat control, I have leaned alot from watching his shows.!

Special shout out would go to B.C. Sportfishing!!

:acigar:

HW

Peace Country
10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Hey Sundancefisher thanks for the plug to Bob that would be great how can I contact him?
Talked to Charlie he is interested to which is great.

Kyle
10-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Watch for the new show "Uncut Angling" should be premiering on Wildtv around January. Watch their youtube videos if you want a preview.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
10-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Im a Fan of Babe Winkleman , love that show . Also Like Al Linders Fishing Edge , Infisherman is good to , then The Lodge , for reality Tv its good .

fish99
10-04-2012, 02:08 PM
how about a local , fishing with the dodger,

Lefty-Canuck
10-04-2012, 02:31 PM
The always classic Fishin' Canada, and Dimestore Fisherman even though theyre never on. :(

Seriously??....one too many pucks to the head?? :)

LC

Serengeti Charters
10-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Think about good shows on WFN as well, as everyone who watches that channel loves to fish, whereas wildtv is more about fishing and hunting. If you could get Dave Mercer up there, that's probably the best show on for fishing, highest ratings I'd guess anyway, guys a beauty!

Graffy91
10-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Seriously??....one too many pucks to the head?? :)

LC

Dime store fisherman were classics man!

Fish Warrior is pretty sweet with Jakub Vagner or something along those lines, it's on NGEO though.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
10-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I also like that one with Gary Coopers Grandson , Nice fish Jr . Man that kid can haul is some pigs .

Serengeti Charters
10-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I also like that one with Gary Coopers Grandson , Nice fish Jr . Man that kid can haul is some pigs .

I watch it only because I'm addicted to salmon fishing...other than that it makes me want to poke my eyes and ears out!!! Often I just put it on mute... :lol:

Alberta Bigbore
10-04-2012, 07:18 PM
I dont watch fishing on WildTV or WFN much anymore... But I really enjoy watching Videos on "UnCut Angling" 's YouTube channel,

http://www.youtube.com/user/uncutangling?feature=plcp

They even did a music video and its hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gouBoKehM&list=UUBDT-Kl4nHgEvpwYfLb315w&index=4&feature=plcp

Aaron Wiebe
10-24-2012, 01:32 AM
Appreciate the support Kyle and Alberta Bigbore!

Peace Country,

I couldn't find a website for your place. I would love to discuss possibilities with you if you are still looking. Uncut Angling will be on Wild TV across Canada and The Pursuit Channel across USA starting in January. Our focus is to educate and entertain with raw and real footage.

Our first season was filmed in Saskatchewan/Manitoba/Ontario, and our second season will be filmed across Canada.

Aaron Wiebe
Uncut Angling
aaron@uncutangling.com

The Fisherman Guy
10-24-2012, 07:44 AM
The Virgin Fisherman.

TrollGRG
10-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm not sure which channels I find them but any show with Brian Chan or Phil Rowley. And the Orvis fly fishing series.

Darren_buckhunter
10-24-2012, 02:34 PM
For me not sure if its on wild tv but on wfn have to be the new fly fisher even took a course with one guy on the show.

fishinggeek
10-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Mr Aaron Weibe. You know that you still have my shoes. So get your butt down to sask asap. lol.
And Yes Alberta Bighorn, Uncut Angling will be the next big show, imo. That guy is NUTS. HAHAHA. Cant wait to watch someone who actually knows how to consistently catch the monsters of each species on TV. .:sHa_shakeshout:

BeeGuy
10-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Addictive Fishing with Capt. Blair Wiggins

Rig it right with Wright and McGill...

bobalong
10-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Dave Mercer..........the guy can fish....just can't stand listening to him. I like the in-fisherman, the last bite,the new fly fisher and sport fishing on the fly. I like these shows because they usually give quite a bit of information on why they are fishing a particular area or structure and why they are using the particular flies/lures/presentation they are using.

Ques
10-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Hooked with Mark Krupa

DiabeticKripple
10-24-2012, 09:47 PM
how about a local , fishing with the dodger,

he lives on my street! his son (dodger jr.) is my buddy and we go mudding together.

bisonhunter
10-25-2012, 07:22 AM
I know it is of zero use to you, but I used to love watching Malcom florence fish the great barrier reef way back when. He hooked everything from tiger sharks to salt water crocodiles.

He gave the best quote I ever heard on a fishing show :

(Cue Australian accent) "This fish is worth two thousand dollars on the chinese open market ............this ones for the Barby"

He died 15 or so years ago, I just loved that guys show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hugx0S35yyc