PDA

View Full Version : Fall NSR Goldeye

knocksum
10-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Are the goldeye still around hitting flies? Or should I be leaving the flyrod at home?

Darren N
10-03-2012, 09:00 AM
I log my catches in a big calender of where I fished and what I caught it on, and I have little to no posts of goldeye on the fly come mid September on for the NSR. Unless I'm at a trout pond or make a special trip outside of Edmonton, my flyrod for our city river pretty well gets shelved. You may get lucky on a pike or walleye but they seem to want a minnow or some jig bait at this time of year. This is the part of the year that I get jealous with Calgary with the Bow.

knocksum
10-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks. Looks like i'll be streamer fishing for pike.

Safety D
10-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Ive harldy been catching any goldeyes and not much jumping either....

brobinson
10-06-2012, 02:39 PM
what is the best way to catch goldeye? ive never caught or even actually seen one? i live in medicine hat so the SSR. just find a pool and fish like for trout or what?

C & C
10-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I caught goldeye for the first time this summer, they seemed to bite almost anthing. I used spinners, small spoons and when i figured out what was biting the tails off my large jigs the small jigs worked awsome as well.

Mariette
10-06-2012, 05:29 PM
If you are not striclty a fly fisherman and a river bait rig is not below you, try it with a minnow - always worked for me! :)