PDA

View Full Version : Keeley Lake

wmw9
10-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Me and the boys are headed to Keeley on October 12th for some late season Walleye and Pike fishing. Has anyone fished Keeley recently? If so any tips or suggestions (I would never ask anyone to give up there hot spot) would be very much appreciated.

If the fishing is slow at Keeley we may try Canoe Lake. I've never been there before but have heard decent things.

Thanks!
Mike

Teamprotz
10-04-2012, 07:14 PM
was just told the first drop out from the river mouth forms a trough before in comes back up and drops again. Pike were in there heavy this time last year so I was told. 10-18 lbs and lots of them. Walleye were on the humps.

Burbot hunter
10-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Heading there tomorrow for the weekend and I will let you know some spots we find.We make a trip every year with much success,and seems that the "spots" change from year to year. Will be in touch:sHa_shakeshout::bad_boys_20:

RoguePiper
10-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Was there last weekend, pike were slow, one 18 lbs and the rest small, and nothing for Walleye. Wind was up and the 3' waves weren't much fun.

Canoe has reduced walleye limits, haven't fished there, but doesn't look good.

Freedom55
10-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Dore Lake and Delaronde were hot last weekend. Walleye at 25'-30'. #3 colorado blade, white or silver, and leeches. Good weights at Dore, numbers further east.

Free

topgun
10-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Hey Rogue what did they lower the limit to?

Graffy91
10-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Was there last weekend, pike were slow, one 18 lbs and the rest small, and nothing for Walleye. Wind was up and the 3' waves weren't much fun.

Canoe has reduced walleye limits, haven't fished there, but doesn't look good.

****, I'm surprised there's any fish left in that lake....

Everything gets netted and with a 3 walleye per person limit there side I have been born...

Campsites at NHL are a complete hole now, wasteland. Won't ever go back to canoe.

wmw9
10-07-2012, 02:43 PM
I appreciate any feedback on the fishing this weekend Burbot hunter! I also appreciate the tip on the river! Hopefully fishing picks up

wmw9
10-15-2012, 10:19 AM
We got up there on Friday afternoon. Went out for a few hours, fishing was quite decent! We caught an 8 pound pike, 7 pound pike, 5 pound pike, 3 pound walleye, and some smaller pike that we didn't keep in a few hours.

Weather was miserable on Saturday. We still made it out. We didn't catch tons of fish but they were all an ok size for pike. I also managed to land a walleye just a little bit bigger than the one on Friday.

Weather went from snowy and windy to calm and sunny. Fishing was good. We sat by the inlet for the creek. Fishing was fairly steady. Filled our live well with nice size pike for eating. Lost 2 walleye at the boat. Bite was very light.