PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever fish punta cana area of DR?

seahawkfisher
10-04-2012, 07:39 PM
as the title asks; I'm heading to punta cana in a little under 2 weeks and will be doing some fishing. Whie i have experience fishing the caribbean, i have never fished out of D.R. Please share your experience, good or bad. Inshore, deep sea, bottom, fly, i am open to all possibilties; will likely have a few not-so-regular-fisherpeople comming along i fthat makes any difference.
cheers and Thanks

mooseknuckle
10-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Fished punta Cana march 2011 just booked through the hotel (bahaia principe) was alright caught a few baracuda. They used Macarel If I remeber correctly trolling. I think the time of year plays a big factor down there. We drank our faces off on the boat so we made the most of it. Boats were nice, good equipment, decent dance floor. Sorry probably doesn't answer your questions all that well, but I recall it being a decent price for a great experience.

tight line
10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t485/shortsvm/DSC01081_zps34c70f0e.jpg http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t485/shortsvm/DSC01085_zpse9e42390.jpg stayed at the paladium last april. went out with "gone fishing" was 110 american for 1/2 day. my wife and i and another older couple from britain. 12 foot waves, everyone was feeling a little sea sick me included. we hooked up with some Mai mai 2 only, i got to fight both the fish, everyone else felt to sick! lol once i fought the first one i felt fine. they are awesome fighters. we also had a wahoo or large cuda hit, came right outa the water, but no hook up. i then proceded to drink every beer in the cooler. which were free. pretty good time for 110$. of the two other boats, one got skunked, the other got 8 mai mai, and a stripped marlin. very hit and miss! the larger one was about 40lbs.

seahawkfisher
10-05-2012, 08:09 PM
sounds awesome guys:) can't wait!!
we are staying in one of the Bahia Principe hotels too; how was that?
cheers

omega50
10-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Jan 2009 went on a four hour vomiting tour in some very rough seas.lol

We had a great time until the vomiting started-everyone except the crew.

I brought in a couple of Mahi Mahi. My honey-she caught a couple as well. Amazing how quickly they lose that brilliant color.
Basically a rotation of calling quickly to claim the fighting chair when a fish is on. Later on nobody was much interested between the smell of bait, cigars and vomit.

Stayed at the Barcelo Punta Cana and booked through the hotel. Laughed at the driver when first picked us up when I asked if he was coming with us. He shot me a look and said"NEVER"

Never understood until we started pitching in those rollers. I felt like I was coated in 12" of sweat.lol

How can the air be sooo still and humid in seas like that. Mystery to me.

BRING YOUR MOTION PATCHES OR GRAVOL FROM CANADA!!!

All in all truly was a lot of fun.
Lost the pics when our computer crashed- One day will try to get them recovered from the old hard drive