PDA

View Full Version : Homemade powerbait

Fish face
10-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Made powerbait yesterday. lime green with silver sparkles. filled 4 empty powerbait jars. was going to try it out today but plans fell through. will give it a shot next saturday. let you know how it goes. shrimp, velveeta, fish trimmings,whatever was left in the jars, water, corn starch and baking soda.

Wild&Free
10-08-2012, 03:38 PM
should add some salt to it too

Geezle
10-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Om nom nom?

Alberta Bigbore
10-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Om nom nom?

give it a taste lol

trigger7mm
10-08-2012, 04:52 PM
I was thinking about making a bait concoction too, mulching up leeches, worms, cheese, corn, flour.....I was just getting all in ingredients ready when the wife comes into the garage and says, "what the hell are you doing with my blender!?" My plan has been put on hold until I can find an old blender at a garage sale somewhere. In my house you don't **** off the cook!

NSRfishing
10-08-2012, 05:55 PM
http://www.pro-cure.com/varieties.html

Fish face
10-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Yah, be careful to not get busted using the wifes kitchen stuff. I waited till she went to the gym to bust out the food processor. and i simmered it in a junk fry pan to reduce the remaining powerbait, cheese and to free the stink in the shrimp & trim bits. Coleman stove outside. my buddy almost barfed from the smell. after it cooled smells fishy is about all. not too strong, but definatley has some shrimpy goodness to it. The pug really digs the smell, he gave it a good lick and wanted to eat it, which is a good sign. He LOVES fish.

czoom
10-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah add some salt so it preserves longer. Looks like it will work though, as long as the scent is strong.

ZeeFishing
10-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Very nice
what prevents it from rotting? do you freeze it?

Fish face
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I keep it in the garage, its unheated. It seems ok. i imagine you could freeze it.
we'll run a full test saturday and report back. for all i know it dissolves or fizzies up like eno. I found the recipie on line. It was fun putting it together though. we laughed our butts off.