PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find BIG Streamers?

Bullfighter
10-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Looking for big 5-6" streamers for targeting big Rainbows, Browns and Bulls throughout the year. Does anyone know of a good retailer in Calgary that consistently has them or a good online site? I am going to get into tying my own one day but not yet...Appreciate any insight.

Bullfighter
10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Sorry forgot to mention I am in the Calgary area...

BiggDirty
10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Although you said you don't plan on tying them, I'd have to say that now is the perfect time to start tying them....with winter coming up you spend your indoor time checking out patterns online and watching youtube vids. Streamers are one of the easier flys to tye in my opinion, plus you can tailor them to be exactly how you want them. Your going to pay way more buying 5-6" streamers that are going to be generic to say the least, where as that cash can be put towards tying material.

But if your intent on buying them, check out Fish Tales, Wholesale Sports, Ickyflyworks.

My 2 cents,.

mattpreat
10-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Although you said you don't plan on tying them, I'd have to say that now is the perfect time to start tying them....with winter coming up you spend your indoor time checking out patterns online and watching youtube vids. Streamers are one of the easier flys to tye in my opinion, plus you can tailor them to be exactly how you want them. Your going to pay way more buying 5-6" streamers that are going to be generic to say the least, where as that cash can be put towards tying material.

But if your intent on buying them, check out Fish Tales, Wholesale Sports, Ickyflyworks.

My 2 cents,.

+1 id definately start tying your own. streamers are easy to tie and with big streamers like that small mistakes are alot less noticable. If you really dont want to tie though id look into buying from icky, there awesome

Nakoda boater
10-09-2012, 12:51 PM
I prefer "Fish Tales Fly Shop" great owner and staff with excellent advice. I just put together 4 various "Double Bunnies" with their help.

ryanheartssteelhead
10-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Check this site :
http://www.anglerschoiceflies.com/

He ties nice, big streamers.

tight line
10-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Ive done good with the larger saltwater flies i got from wholesale, worked for big bulls and pike.

ericlin0122
10-10-2012, 05:35 PM
just go to fish tales or south bow fly shops if you dont plan to tie them.

Bullfighter
10-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Check this site :
http://www.anglerschoiceflies.com/

He ties nice, big streamers.
those flies at anglers choice are pretty greasy! I grabbed a couple big 8" streamers from there but the price is hefty. Thanks for all the responses...

Kokanee9
10-11-2012, 03:51 AM
Icky has quite a few.