PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake

spaded
05-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Looking at heading out to calling lake for the may long weekend, I've never been out there before...

is it a pretty busy lake on the long weekend?
How are the campgrounds as we would be tenting?

any other info would be greatly appreciated, any good holes???:D

Thanks

Drewski Canuck
05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
You will a problem with camping spots as the campground is small. Perhaps a Day Trip?

As for fishing, if you are car topping, try the launch areas at town. Provincial Park will be busy.

As for how many boats, all the cottage owners will be out as will be everyone with cabin fever.

HOWEVER, no jet skis and no tubers as the water is too damn cold!!!

good luck, I'm not sure the ice will be off, but I am hoping as well!

Drewski

spaded
05-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Is there only 1 campsite?, just the provincail park?

we would be looking at camping all weekend, not arriving till about 8-9pm at the earliest on friday night,

would that be to late to scoop any any tent sites???

Thanks Drewski

abhunter8
05-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I am not sure the ice will be off by the long weekend? If you want to get a campsite at the provincial campground you need to be there by wednesday! Good Luck!

impatient_hunter
05-08-2008, 10:44 PM
As of last weekend there was still ice right across the lake. I am going up this weekend and i can report on ice conditions. Provincial park has like 20 - 30 sites so you have to be there really early. For the good holes just stay away from around the park and fish are everywhere.

impatient_hunter
05-11-2008, 09:07 PM
There is still ice everywhere on the lake other than a couple creeks. It will be lucky to have all the ice off by the long weekend.