PDA

View Full Version : best winter fishing vacation ideas wanted

pelada trochu
10-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi guys. I have been thinking about getting away this winter to fish. Which means beach somewhere warm. I would be interested in flats fishing. Something simar to pike fishing. But looking to experience something new. Can you guys share some ideas and links. Course if it was economical or just off tourist season would be great.

Also would consider a guys trip if a few people wanted a group deal or something. Then I can leave the wife and kids at home.

bwackwabbit
10-11-2012, 07:31 PM
I've got 5 weeks paid vacation in December so I'm subscribed to this one and would be down to participate as well if it goes to a group trip scenario.

I've always wanted to fish my top 3 species...

Peacock bass (Amazon)
Tarpon (Boca Grand Pass Florida)
Bonefish (Flats and Keys in Florida)

Cheers.

Guitarplayingfish
10-11-2012, 07:33 PM
My vote would be bone-fish or if you can afford it, fly-fishing pristine creeks and rivers in places such as NZ

pickrel pat
10-11-2012, 07:56 PM
bone fishing the flats.

pelada trochu
10-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Ive done some trout and pirhana fishing in brazil. Not in amazon. But still fun. Trouble for brazil is its a red eye flight in and out to sau paulo. Way to long. Thinking somewhere tropical with a few hour flight. Plenty of margaritas. I would say anyone interested seriously we can set up a meet and greet to discuss etc.

bwackwabbit
10-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Another great one would be Lake Fork in Texas for trophy bucketmouths!

Cheers.

AppleJax
10-11-2012, 09:49 PM
When I think of warm fishing in the winter, I think of a heater in my ice tent lol.

Mxyzptik
10-12-2012, 05:44 AM
bone fishing the flats.

If you're going after bone fish or permit PRACTICE YOUR CASTING !!!!!

I went to Turneffe Flats last April off the coast of Belize and they are first class all the way.

braggadoe
10-12-2012, 06:10 AM
if you like to swing flys and spey cast? check out the big searun browns on the rio grande. TDF argentina. 10-30 lbs brown trout.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n603/braggadoe/19LB.jpg

seahawkfisher
10-12-2012, 08:55 PM
there's lots of good fishing in cancun / riviera maya
everything from flats to deep sea
cheers