PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the forks

riverfisher
10-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Ive been fishing the forks the last few weekends and the amount of suckers weve been pulling out is crazy! Anyone else been catchin lots of em down there? I live in bowisland just a short drive from the forks and have been fishing this area hard for a few years now but ive never caught as many as this year in previous years.....:thinking-006:

Dale S
10-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Welcome to the forum.There has been alot of suckers this year. We've even been catching them on jigheads and minnows.Last weekend there did'nt seem to be as many around.Some people like to eat them. Seen one group of people clean about 20 suckers and they seemed pretty happy about it.

WayneChristie
10-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Ive caught a lot this year, but they are mixed in with walleye pretty well so its all good just need to add some sturgeon to the mix :sHa_shakeshout: kept a couple for bait and the longnose are full of eggs, seem to catch only females for some reason too.

riverfisher
10-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Ya a sturg would be nice change! Only landed a few this summer all were under 15 pounds, but since the suckers have been biting like crazy ive caught 2 that were easily 8 pounds....... Not huge but put up a hell of a fight! Caught probably 30 this last month or so, all were around 2-6 pounds except for the odd bigger one . People seem to dislike and over look the fight in suckers, but when the walleye fishin is slow they are pretty entertaining till the bite picks up

WayneChristie
10-12-2012, 07:17 PM
I will take a big sucker over trout any day, fightwise. got 2 smaller shorthead redhorse today they felt like way bigger fish, and another 6 or 7 pound silver too. :sHa_shakeshout: tons of fun the the current. are you shore fishing or from a boat?

riverfisher
10-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Right on good catch man! Im fishing from shore, i will be at the forks tomorrow and possibly sunday as well, if ur in the area drop by and throw in a line! I drive a grey 86' chevy caprice