PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton area trout lakes

patz25
10-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm looking to go out fishing this weekend. I was wondering if any of the local lakes are fishing well right now.

Thanks in advance

waterninja
10-13-2012, 05:03 AM
imho this is the best time of year to go fishing in the stocked lakes around edm. there are few flying insects and the water bugs are burrowing in for the winter so the trout are not as picky as to food (or bait). i could help you pick a spot better if i knew if you were planning on fishing from shore or if you were on the water. are you fly fishing or spin casting? there are many great spots to have an enjoyable day depending on your game plan.

patz25
10-13-2012, 11:31 AM
i can do either, i have a small inflatable boat i use

waterninja
10-13-2012, 12:09 PM
with the iffy weather i would probably stick to shore fishing and a couple good spots are cardiff, mornville or east pit (east pit is an interesting hike). on the inflatable id hit salter,star or spring (spring is very tricky to access). a bit of a drive and you have dolberg or bellis.
everyone has there own ideas about what to throw but my favorite is still the old hook and worm. good luck. let us know what happens.

wilcorp1
10-15-2012, 09:33 PM
In Cardiff been taking my line deeper and towards the channels and bays. Getting 30-35 cm on one spot caught a 1 1/2lber. A lot a fly fisherman take in a lot there, but also regular spinners are good.