PDA

View Full Version : Bass Pro Shop

TexasTornado
05-10-2008, 08:36 AM
I am flying out to Oklahoma City tomorrow, i will get a chance to check out BPS. I spent an easy 2 hours just staring at the live tank when i went to Houston, it's friggin' awesome! Just wondering if anyone knew when Balzac was scheduled to open?

Mountain Guy
05-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I heard October.

Counting the sleeps....

The Fisherman Guy
05-11-2008, 06:03 PM
I am excited that BPS is opening a "supermart" here, but it makes me wonder... is the best impact that a chain like BPS has on our sport, cheap prices and excellent selection? I like the fact that I know that I can go to one place and they will most likely have exactly what I am looking for in five sizes, colors, and flavors. I ALSO enjoy the convienience of knowing that the largest chain will most likely have the best prices....I have enjoyed this sport for 25 years, and I still cannot get a grip on the amount of garbage and disrespect I have seen in(and affecting) our sport in the last five years alone. For instance: Highwood @ the Bow. We all know where the parking spots are.... Why is there so much trash all over the place!!!!!!:mad3: This is how I see the coming of this super store. More people having too much convienence at their fingertips, with little respect for what they share with the rest of us.

Donny Bear
05-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I am excited that BPS is opening a "supermart" here, but it makes me wonder... is the best impact that a chain like BPS has on our sport, cheap prices and excellent selection? I like the fact that I know that I can go to one place and they will most likely have exactly what I am looking for in five sizes, colors, and flavors. I ALSO enjoy the convienience of knowing that the largest chain will most likely have the best prices....I have enjoyed this sport for 25 years, and I still cannot get a grip on the amount of garbage and disrespect I have seen in(and affecting) our sport in the last five years alone. For instance: Highwood @ the Bow. We all know where the parking spots are.... Why is there so much trash all over the place!!!!!!:mad3: This is how I see the coming of this super store. More people having too much convienence at their fingertips, with little respect for what they share with the rest of us.

Be careful Fisherman Guy the totally intolerant anything goes crowd will accuse you of having morals and pushing them on others. What if someone thought we should pick up our crap and try to put forward a good image! Then the anything goes clan may attack:sick:

Cowtown guy
05-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I heard October.

Counting the sleeps....

The website says the are opening in 2009.:cry: I had heard October also and the website said 2008 for the longest time but I noticed that it changed a week or so ago when I looked. Again...:cry: !

Donny Bear
05-11-2008, 09:59 PM
The website says the are opening in 2009.:cry: I had heard October also and the website said 2008 for the longest time but I noticed that it changed a week or so ago when I looked. Again...:cry: !

Best laid plans of mice and men Water is the hold up according to my sources the mega malls water supply comes from Drum and that is going to be a major delay High side is the UFA will get some time to organize and thats a good for all event it will add alot to the local stores and should be competative:D

Gordoats26
05-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I asked an online operator and she said there schedualed to open October 16 2008

The Fisherman Guy
05-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Be careful Fisherman Guy the totally intolerant anything goes crowd will accuse you of having morals and pushing them on others. What if someone thought we should pick up our crap and try to put forward a good image! Then the anything goes clan may attack:sick:

Bring it on, I am a clansman as well!! I won't lie to ya, I will snap the tip of the next indolent bottom feeder that I see dis-respecting OUR backyard.
:evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Donny Bear
05-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Bring it on, I am a clansman as well!! I won't lie to ya, I will snap the tip of the next indolent bottom feeder that I see dis-respecting OUR backyard.
:evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Iye and I to am a Clansman and will prtect every wee last bit of me backyard from the bottom feeden beasties:evilgrin:

The Fisherman Guy
05-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Yer alright Don, good to hear that others share my same sentiment. Tight lines