PDA

View Full Version : NSR Walleye

boonedocks
10-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Just a heads up that the NSR walleye fishing is really hot right now. I fished from 6 pm till midnight yesterday and landed 2 pike, a goldeye and 26 walleye including a 27" hog. I missed and lost so many more that it was embarrassing(using a slip sinker and floating jighead with minnows). Going to be there tommorow morning for sunup to try slip bobbing for them in the big back eddy, just to mix it up a little. I know the golden rule of " If it aint on film then it didnt happen" but I dont have the patience to figure out how to post pics on this site. Good luck.

YeeHaw
10-13-2012, 10:18 PM
They were hitting it hard last night as well, best luck I had was around 8:30 pm.

boonedocks
10-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Well the slip bobber idea was a bust so I went back to the slip sinker and landed another 18 walleye this morning. Todays biggest were 25 and 27", although not as heavy as the one from the day before.. The river is super low and clear now. Next trip is pothole rainbows. good luck.

ajm1
10-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Well the slip bobber idea was a bust so I went back to the slip sinker and landed another 18 walleye this morning. Todays biggest were 25 and 27", although not as heavy as the one from the day before.. The river is super low and clear now. Next trip is pothole rainbows. good luck.

Feeling quite left out here :( Been working the Whitemud creek area a couple times in the last week and only pulled in a sucker. What is a slip sinker? I am assuming a float with a time through the center and stop to select a hook depth. Using minnows?

Graffy91
10-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Feeling quite left out here :( Been working the Whitemud creek area a couple times in the last week and only pulled in a sucker. What is a slip sinker? I am assuming a float with a time through the center and stop to select a hook depth. Using minnows?

Whitemud sucks.

Needless to say.

ajm1
10-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Whitemud sucks.

Needless to say.

Actually I've had great luck there this year until recently.

Graffy91
10-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Actually I've had great luck there this year until recently.

Same, the water is too low, and its always way too busy in my opinion.

Try a different spot, or just move down even further into the bush. :sHa_shakeshout: