PDA

View Full Version : N.s.r vs. S.s.r

pickrel pat
10-14-2012, 09:13 PM
To those that have fished both, which do you consider a better fishery? I havnt fished the ssr, but from what I see, it would be a pretty good toss up. SSR might edge out nsr on the sturg?

WayneChristie
10-14-2012, 09:29 PM
1500 sturge in the NSR and 10000 in the SSR drainage are the numbers Ive heard, I think we win :sHa_shakeshout: would like to compare the fishing for myself though, maybe next summer

waterninja
10-15-2012, 01:40 AM
fished the bow a few times but never the ssr. on the nsr a lot but those sturgeon numbers make me wonder if if i'd still be a sturgeon virgin if i fished the ssr instead.

Fishnafterwork
10-15-2012, 04:39 AM
SSR!!!!!! All the way...... Connects to dief..... I hope to prove it this spring..... Big fish quest 2013 :sHa_shakeshout:

What am I saying look at Wayne's pics there's the proof :)

waterninja
10-15-2012, 12:03 PM
SSR!!!!!! All the way...... Connects to dief..... I hope to prove it this spring..... Big fish quest 2013 :sHa_shakeshout:

What am I saying look at Wayne's pics there's the proof :)
im a little confused. are you going to prove that the ssr connects to dief or that it is a better fishiery? the nsr connects to tobin but in either case we are talking about the rivers themselves. the ssr seems to be a great place for sturgeon but the nsr has some great pike and wallies.
might make a fun contest, nsr vs. ssr for biggest fish caught sturgeon aside.

Safety D
10-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Bigger sturgeon on average in the NSR. Closer to 3000 sturgeon then 1500.

WayneChristie
10-15-2012, 06:45 PM
im a little confused. are you going to prove that the ssr connects to dief or that it is a better fishiery? the nsr connects to tobin but in either case we are talking about the rivers themselves. the ssr seems to be a great place for sturgeon but the nsr has some great pike and wallies.

sounds like a challenge, I will throw my pike in for starters :) didnt weigh her but I used this chart for an estimate, and estimated lower than it says.
http://www.csgnetwork.com/fishfreshwtcalc.html

Teamprotz
10-15-2012, 06:47 PM

Both rivers end up in Tobin , join just east of Prince Albert.

pickrel pat
10-15-2012, 07:02 PM
A north river/south river fish off! Kinda like the battle of alberta hockey coilers vs. lames. must have pics!(not coiler pics).:argue2:

Fishnafterwork
10-16-2012, 12:00 AM

Oh yes sorry for the confusion I personally believe there are fish bigger than the current Alberta record swimming in the ssr . Including sturgeon, burbot, walleye, pike goldeye and very possibly rainbows and browns... :)
Take it for what u will.... Hey I'm a fisherman right :) that's what I hope to prove...
And as far as the it connects to dief comment... I was eluding to the fact it's part of the same watershed as all this geeks trophys ;)
I like the idea of a who has bigger and better competition .... It's hard to think about ice fishing when I'm so fixated on next spring!

waterninja
10-16-2012, 02:48 AM
why wait for spring when you can do it now? i really wasn't trying to be an a-hole about what it was you are trying to prove, but theres still time left this year to get a little freindly contest going, though hunting season is going to interfere wiyh some of us.
GAME ON

Kim473
10-16-2012, 04:49 AM
From the posts and pics on this forum, I would have to say the SSR is a better fishery.
Got to be more Sturgen that 1500 in the NSR. Maybe 1500 in the Edmonton area. River has got to be 500 miles long or more. I know they are up by the St.paul area. And thats 100 miles away road wise, river wise thats got to be close to 120 miles.

SSR has the alberta record for Sturgen. More trout in it also.

Fishnafterwork
10-16-2012, 11:09 PM
why wait for spring when you can do it now? i really wasn't trying to be an a-hole about what it was you are trying to prove, but theres still time left this year to get a little freindly contest going, though hunting season is going to interfere wiyh some of us.
GAME ON

yup hunting seasons gonna hurt me (first year actually hunting and i drew a moose....so....the family depends on me..haha)
easy for you to say there's still time..haha....when the river is practically in your backyard :)...me I gotta drive 3 or 4 hours minimum...but i agree GAME ON :fighting0030:...start posting the pics...im gonna try an hit it up yet one or two more times....

so looks like we are relying on you waynechristie :)

but like i said before...when we will really make you edmonchucks jealous is "next spring":sHa_shakeshout:

waterninja
10-17-2012, 02:50 AM
not sure about the ssr but here in edm. we can fish parts of the nsr all winter long. saw some nice wallies and pike caught last feb. (not that i'm trying to make you jealous).