PDA

View Full Version : What do U carry in your tackle box, hard water

Kim473
10-17-2012, 04:49 AM
I have pliers, adjustable wrench, multy screwdriver, spare auger blades, spare spark plug, med file, lighter, knife, knife sharpener, whistle, and of course tackle.
In the truck I carry, shouvle, emerg kit, booster cables, 4 sand bags, chain, cell phone, and of course toilet paper.

No need for a blanket as the snowsuit, boots and gloves are allways in there in the winter months, you just never know.

New Hunter Okotoks
10-17-2012, 06:25 AM
A bunch of crap that takes up space, I don't need and don't ever clean out.

Muskol
Old rusty Sucrets container with a bunch of Mepps Spinners
Some circa 1989 scent that I don't dare open up
Broken Bobbers
Misc. torn lure packaging
45 cents of Canadian Tire money
Misc. broken lures, straightened hooks, kinked leaders etc.
Sudbury Wolves ticket stub from 1987
Hulla Poppers, Jitterbugs and Rattlin' Raps.

All of the above somehow gets in front of the good stuff which I find after I purchase replacements.

I have about 10 ChubbDarters and 10 Airplane Jigs, 30 ea.#2,#4,#6 Trebble Hooks. About 15 ea. 3",6",9",12" Wire Leaders. 6 Bells, even though I use Tip-ups.(My buddy uses them and seems to lose one every second fish so I buy a couple every time I go the store)

Basically I think about cleaning out the old Tackle Box everytime I open it up while out fishing. The problem is that I never think about it at home and clean it out.

dragon
10-17-2012, 08:38 AM
tackle box or tool box?

my tackle box for hard water is simply hooks in a clear plastic container in a 5 gallon bucket. Pliers are in the bucker with the scoops and all that jazz.

mooseknuckle
10-17-2012, 08:41 AM
tackle box or tool box?

my tackle box for hard water is simply hooks in a clear plastic container in a 5 gallon bucket. Pliers are in the bucker with the scoops and all that jazz.

X2 Bucket with tip ups rods, scoop, plyers, bait etc etc.

YeeHaw
10-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Spark plug wrench, plyers, tp, multi tool, bottle of fireball, lures and bait.

Guitarplayingfish
10-17-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't have a tackle box for hard water. I typically head out with a bag full of everything i need for the species I will be targetting.. sometimes two bags. I'm too cheap to buy a container. hahaha

chriscosta
10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I bring a file , plain hooks all sizes,pliers,boga grip,knives,jaw spreaders,extra line, perch line with hooks ready to go,spare pin for attaching the jiffy bit , screw in eye hook to tie my dog , measurin tape , fishin liscense, rules n regs, a pack of backwoods , butter salt n pepper oh and....... :bad_boys_20: and its in my backpack rather than a tackle box

huntin'fool
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
THE ABSOLUTE BARE ESSENTIALS

Wireworms
Pliers
Wetaskiwin specials
Slinky
Wire leaders
Yoyo
Trebles
Bobbers
Stamp collection
Mister twisters
Jig heads
Spare underpants
Ice tent Anchors
Spare Fluoro line
D!ckweed (my pet pigeon)
Ice scoop
Tear drop jigs assorted colours
Smelts
2 pink flamingos (the plastic ones…duh)
Steelhead jigs
Bucktail jigs
Rat Finkees
Big Buddy heater
Propane
2 or 3 cans of tuna
Tips ups
Lifejackets for each
Maggots
Roe bags
Model 1300 12 gauge defender
Pocket Barometer
Jigging raps
Small Len Thompsons
My Xbox 360
Splitshot weights
Spinners
Filleting knife
Spare castrating bands
Lil corkies

Plenty more, but the above are the bare essentials

ice
10-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Xbox 360?

slivers86
10-17-2012, 12:43 PM
An extra rod, incase my 'fishing with wayne luck' decides to eat one from now on....

huntin'fool
10-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Xbox 360?

just being dumb....i dont actually have a pet pigeon....

Stally77
10-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Beer,cigarettes,BBQ,chicken wings, and stuff to catch fish with? Lol............gotta have the basics!