PDA

View Full Version : oct.17 herm. nsr 1 monster

waterninja
10-17-2012, 09:31 PM
great night at hem. nsr. weather cleared up so i headed down at 7:30 pm. no wind, warm and river clear and calm. in 1 1/2 hours caught 8 wallies and 2 jack. it's fun turning your headlamp on and watching all the pike cruising the shoreline. also got the pic. of johns 9lbs.2oz. wallie caught monday. my big pike was 30"

gonefishin
10-17-2012, 09:42 PM
must have been quite the hookset, hopefully he swam away ok.

B-rett
10-17-2012, 09:52 PM
must have been quite the hookset, hopefully he swam away ok.

The fish is smiling! He's okay!

pike_king780
10-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Hmmm awesome fish handling.... Poor walleye.:thinking-006:

Herefishyfishy
10-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Nice, that's the walleye I was talking about in my other post. That fish had another hook deep in its throat with brown braided line on it, it had been hooked before. This fish had a lot of life left in it when he released it.

chriscosta
10-18-2012, 09:53 AM
its actually rediculous how many fish around there got barbed hooks left in em I got two the other day

Herefishyfishy
10-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, it's not like its hard to bend them back, and really, if you call yourself an angler, it really shouldn't make the difference in landing the fish.

chriscosta
10-18-2012, 09:58 AM
alotta uneducated fisherman around the city or ignorant to the rules I guess, I bet a co would have a hay day down there if he sat and watched for a day ...oh well I guess

TaKe ThE BaIt
10-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Nice EYE!! Too bad for the injury......

Stugeogarcia
10-18-2012, 11:17 AM
great night at hem. nsr. weather cleared up so i headed down at 7:30 pm. no wind, warm and river clear and calm. in 1 1/2 hours caught 8 wallies and 2 jack. it's fun turning your headlamp on and watching all the pike cruising the shoreline. also got the pic. of johns 9lbs.2oz. wallie caught monday. my big pike was 30"

Tough go getting the hook out?

TaKe ThE BaIt
10-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Tough go getting the hook out?

hmmm, almost looks like the injury creating the blood originates from the eye.......

chriscosta
10-18-2012, 11:49 AM
maybe it tried to bite em so he poked him in the eye :fighting0074:

waterninja
10-18-2012, 12:09 PM
forgot to mention that the big wallie did have another hook already in him with some line hanging out.john cut as much line away as he could before releasing.
as to the ones i caught you can see that their on the water line when i took the quick pic. before releasing. one reason i only take pics. of the big or interesting ones is so they can be put back as soon as possible.

TaKe ThE BaIt
10-18-2012, 12:30 PM
forgot to mention that the big wallie did have another hook already in him with some line hanging out.john cut as much line away as he could before releasing.

not possible to just take the hook out? and that other hook is what was causing that bleeding?

czoom
10-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Nice pics, very nice Walleye.!!!

ThisGuyCatchesFish15
10-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Hey guys, that was my dad and I fishing when he caught that monster of an "eye". The bleeding from the walleye was sadly caused by my dad's hook penetrating the walleye's eye since that hook was flying around loose on the pickerel rig. Also the hook that had broken off was way to deep in the beast's belly for me to take out. It swam off very healthy and was ready to fight on another anglers line for another day, hopefully doesn't get caught by a poacher that fishes around at Herm'

God grant me the strength to catch a fish so large that even I, when telling of it afterwards, may never need to lie:fishing:

AppleJax
10-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Nice Walleye! Unfortunately every once in a while a fish gets injured, even when taking every precaution you can. Thats a reality of the sport. Keep the pics coming waterninja! Maybe one day i will learn how to post some:)

AppleJax
10-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey guys, that was my dad and I fishing when he caught that monster of an "eye". The bleeding from the walleye was sadly caused by my dad's hook penetrating the walleye's eye since that hook was flying around loose on the pickerel rig. Also the hook that had broken off was way to deep in the beast's belly for me to take out. It swam off very healthy and was ready to fight on another anglers line for another day, hopefully doesn't get caught by a poacher like one of em' Chinese men that fish around at Herm'

God grant me the strength to catch a fish so large that even I, when telling of it afterwards, may never need to lie:fishing:

:party0051::scared0018:

Alberta Bigbore
10-18-2012, 09:35 PM
not possible to just take the hook out? and that other hook is what was causing that bleeding?

Hey NSR Monger.... just because I suspend you for being a non vitaal asset to AO with your awesome posts, does not mean you can just start another account. Buh bye:fighting0030:

buckmaster
10-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Hey NSR Monger.... just because I suspend you for being a non vitaal asset to AO with your awesome posts, does not mean you can just start another account. Buh bye:fighting0030:

I.B.T.L.:bad_boys_20:

waterninja
10-19-2012, 03:32 AM
bigbores on the ball but personally i never found monger that offensive, just a bit critical. hr did post some good pics.

Geezle
10-19-2012, 08:42 AM
bigbores on the ball but personally i never found monger that offensive, just a bit critical. hr did post some good pics.

I guess you've never received a PM from monger then! :lol:

RockHammer&Rod
10-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Nice SO lyric in your sig Geezle! :cheers:

Geezle
10-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Nice SO lyric in your sig Geezle! :cheers:

Thanks! http://www.fbulletin.com/smiley/rock.gif