PDA

View Full Version : shops in gp area

gpguy7
05-12-2008, 02:57 AM
hey guys, just was curious if anyone is familiar with the shops in the gp area. working out in the bush as a surveyor up here has given me a chance to really see some great hunting spots and some great animals, so i'm looking to get back to hunting, only with a bow this time haha. if anyone has any advice about shops near gp, prices and service that would be great. thanks alot guys. oh if anyone is lookin for bear, try up north here near the hamlet of bonanza- ran into 4 last week alone surveying a bushwell, all on crown land.

wctbowtech
05-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Big Timber in GP, Barton's in GP, theres one or shop, but I don't know the name, also Whiteridge in Debolt. I don't have any phone numbers sorry.
Seems like Gord at Big Timber is the proshop for archery in GP. Hope this helps you some.

gpguy7
05-12-2008, 12:21 PM
just looking at the address of big timber, does it run out of a garage? thanks for the advice- i think the other store your thinking of is hunter's edge.

FallAirFever
05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
If I was looking to get a bow set up in the GP area, my vote would have to go to Donny at Whitetail Ridge. Knows his stuff, is willing to cut a deal (780) 957-3396‎.

Good luck.

gpguy7
05-12-2008, 02:32 PM
thanks for your help guys, will give whitetail ridge a shot. looked for big timber-the address i could find led me to a house, so not sure what thats all about lol. hunter's edge is the best i've found so far, cleans Barton's clock as far as bows go.

jaybull
05-12-2008, 05:57 PM
hunters edge by far the best,but donnie a white tail ridge is good guy and ya he knows his stuff.Hunters edge has more guys around to help you.And there prices are not cut in stone.They sell only the best.JMO but i'll never go to bartons ever agian the guy is a crook.the others are good though.Bartons sucks.:mad2:

gpguy7
05-12-2008, 08:27 PM
jaybull, thanks for the advice was in hunters edge today- they were a great help and at one point recommended me back to the cheaper used bow even. can't say i can complain when the service is like that!

Mountain Guy
05-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Bought a bow by Edmonton , had a problem with it and brought it in to Hunter's Edge.
Shelby took the bow and got me a new one sent out and set it up.
Excellent service considering I never bought it there.

gpguy7
05-15-2008, 07:13 PM
i didn't notice it until today, but there's also an archery shop near spring lake (the one towards dawson), have never stopped in but was curious if anyone else has? I'm not sure of the name, I know it's located close to tim's lake?

Homequest
05-19-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm sure you've checked them all already, but I would definetely recommend Whitetail Ridge for archery. Donny can rub people the wrong way sometimes, but he is actually good with bows, especially if you are just starting or getting back into it, you will walk away damn near ready to hunt. I may be biased because I am big matthews fan and he is the best mathews dealer in Alberta, he also has hoyt and he is working on getting bowtech. He will deal with you and usually gives a good break on sights, rest, arrows etc..

wctbowtech
05-19-2008, 08:10 AM
i didn't notice it until today, but there's also an archery shop near spring lake (the one towards dawson), have never stopped in but was curious if anyone else has? I'm not sure of the name, I know it's located close to tim's lake?

Are you talking about the shop near Pouce Coupee? Dan Brawner 'Select Archery & Hunting'. Dan's a good guy. He has a taxidermy shop with the bow shop.

g-tard
08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Whitetail ridge for all your hunting needs, Mathews all the way. They will get you what you need and all thier stuff is quality. They know bow.

550 CAT
08-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Barton's is the biggest rip off I've ever encountered.To me profit ain't a dirty word but that guys out to lunch..Wonder how he sleeps at night knowing how badly he rips people off..That store is disgusting period.

boo
08-14-2008, 12:55 AM
I deal with Dan at Select Archery. Just past the BC border. He's got some good stuff including the only dealer in the area for Elite bows- a new one. They're impressive and priced reasonable.

dusty 44
09-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Don't forget Tackle Shack -- A little too honest to be good sales guys but thats what keeps me going back (even w/prices a little higher).
Bartons lost my 3 sons as customers when the guy literally yelled at them not to dry fire some bows they were looking at (loud enough for dad and everyone else to hear). Maybe try offering to help??? My kids have had their own recurves and compounds since diapers. On the way out the store they told me that was their last time going there. Bartons future doesn't look good.

huntermike
09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
bartons is expensive but i get treated good there and they have good stuff. ive never been to hunters edge but im going to check it out

HUNTERCODY
09-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Bartons is more exspensive then the hunters edge but bartons has some nice stuff then the hunters edge but i think some of bartons produts are better quality then the hunters edge but hunters i think there both really good hunting stores.

cardiacphil
10-14-2008, 01:00 AM
The guy is Gord Ellis from big timber trophies, He is the pro shop in G.P.

Great deals, honest guy, lots of different products...He is always around, and has TONS and TONS of product there.

His Shop is out of his own home, he has the garage of my dreams and he isn't afraid of carrying products others wont and has alot of his stuff field tested.

You get nothing but the truth from this guy! If i were lookin for a bow in the g.p. area I would go to him. he will deal too.

I was unsatisfied with Whitetail ridge found the people very arrogant when I was asking questions on some new products.

His number is 780-539-9594
OR the website is www.bigtimberarchery.com