PDA

View Full Version : Touchwood info

spaded
05-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Im just looking for some info on touchwood...

anybody know how the ice situation is? Looking to head up there for the long weekend...

How has the fishing been out there the last couple years, Ive heard a few conflicting stories.

any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks

Walleyes
05-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Touchwood has some fine fishing in it. Some of the nicest Walleye in the area and pike in the 12# range are comon..

There won't be any fishing this year during the long weekend unless you plan on ice fishing there is no way the ice is going to be off in time. All of our lakes at home are still very solid I estamate it to be the end of the month till they are ice free.

tjcartmell
05-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Touchwood is one of the finest lakes and campground combinations in Alberta. I never been on the lake in the spring but in August the walleyes hit bouncers and twister tail jigs baited with a crawler or a leech and the pike love the big cranks and spoons. I rarely have to travel further than 10 minutes from the launch to find consistent fish. I would have to say that the walleye fishing was better in the early 80's when I first went to Touchwood but the pike fishing remains excellent.

Since the ice won't be out for the weekend, Touchwood would be a must visit for later on in the season.

Tim