PDA

View Full Version : Online Licensing of Anglers

Don Meredith
05-12-2008, 02:40 PM
From the Alberta Government News Release of May 12:

Albertans can now purchase and print their own hunting and fishing licences at their computers.

Edmonton... Albertans will enjoy the benefits of purchasing and printing their own hunting and fishing licences online thanks to a new Internet licensing system being introduced by the Government of Alberta.

“Alberta is the first province to introduce complete online licensing for both hunting and fishing,” said Ted Morton, Minister of Sustainable Resource Development. “This new online system will be an innovative new way for Alberta’s hunters and anglers to access the province’s abundant hunting and fishing opportunities.”

Starting immediately, anglers will be able to purchase and print sportfishing licences online at their convenience, 24 hours a day, seven days a week at https://www.albertarelm.com/.

Beginning in June, hunters will be able to purchase all draw applications online, and then check their results online in August. Alberta offers more than 150 different types of hunting licences that will be available online starting in August.

--end of quote--

For more information about this program go to the SRD page (http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/archives/newlicences.aspx).

Redfrog
05-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Just tried it, got a fishing lic. no problem. It was a lot less expensive than driving to Mackilin yesterday to get a Sask fishing lic.:D

Duk Dog
05-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Very slick. I just renewed both our WIN cards and also picked up our fishing licences.

Plinker_18
05-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Works Great just got a finshing licence no problem:) :) :)

BorntoFish
06-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Got mine on the weekend. Renewed my WIN card and purchased fishing licence. Painless and quick. Beats standing in line at Canadian Tire or waiting for someone at WalMart.

smurph
06-13-2008, 04:21 PM
That's pretty slick. I agree about the 'waiting at Canadian Tire' bit :)

A friend of mine was wondering why he hadn't been contacted regarding hunting draws (as he had been called in years previous). I see that you can apply for draws on the site instead. That might explain the silence.

Take care and happy fishing!

Smurph

mjoeyo
04-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Watch your receipts, they charged my visa $73 for a fishing license renewal. If any doe head at walmart did that it wouldn't take a week to reverse the charges:mad:

mikefromcanmore
07-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Just try doing it via Apple System. Plain NO GO as Apple does not support a windows based system. The help for Fishing and Hunting Draws has not been there. THERE TECS./SUPPORT only suggest that I go out and find a computer that is windows based or reconfiger .
Standing in line,again.

Don Meredith
07-07-2010, 05:40 AM
I've been purchasing licenses and draws online using my iMac without problem for the last couple of years.

tightlines
10-25-2010, 08:47 PM
ahhh, nice! Thats the way i get all of my tidal water licenses in bc, so easy, cant wait to do it here!lol