PDA

View Full Version : another reason to fish herm.

waterninja
10-21-2012, 02:02 PM
made a last minute decision to head down to herm sat. night. i wanted to try out some new hunting camo. to see if i'd be warm and comfortable in the field. if you look behind the goofy looking guy in camo. you see the yard lights of the power gen. plant across the river. makes it much easier for us anglers to see a little better along the shore at night and i can't help but wonder if those lights shining on the river attract fish to this area. also the constant clean waterfall from the plant boosts the oxy. levels.
fishing was kind of slow with only 7 wallies and a sauger caught between the 3 of us out there but i was warm and comfy. watched sec. half of cal/hamilton game when i got home, one of the rare times i was cheering for cal. go esks.

Walleye101
10-21-2012, 03:58 PM
You used to be able to fish right at the power plant outflow. I hav'nt been down there in years. They installed a fence there from what I can remember. Is that fence still there? the river is 22 feet deep at the end of that outflow. We used to use the trolling motor to keep the boat somewhat stationary and catch big Walleye's!!

Stupid Deep
10-21-2012, 04:06 PM
I'll be heading down tonight. Let's hope it goes better than the last few times. Still better than working. Found a blue tackle box down there taped shut sitting half buried in sand. Belong to anyone on here?

buckmaster
10-21-2012, 04:17 PM
You used to be able to fish right at the power plant outflow. I hav'nt been down there in years. They installed a fence there from what I can remember. Is that fence still there? the river is 22 feet deep at the end of that outflow. We used to use the trolling motor to keep the boat somewhat stationary and catch big Walleye's!!

The fence is there and locked gate.Epcor has security there.It was a excellent area for walleye.

YeeHaw
10-21-2012, 04:24 PM
hi out trying find a load for target/varment flat base 55grain berger bullit .any one out there famillar w/ berger this caliber and grain , what powder and what weight of powder

Wrong area man!!

Walleye101
10-21-2012, 04:31 PM
It's right across the river from Hermitage Park. Great area for big Walleye's!! another one is down stream from that Epcor station about 1 km.

Geezle
10-21-2012, 05:12 PM
hi out trying find a load for target/varment flat base 55grain berger bullit .any one out there famillar w/ berger this caliber and grain , what powder and what weight of powder

Say what now? :huh:

BGSH
10-21-2012, 05:22 PM
have not been to there for at least a mont but it is a great spot if you enjoy fishing with the crowd, i tend to go off the path these days in search of new area's that are not fished to much if at all, there are so many good spot's to fish along the N.s.R if you have the time there are great spot's around Tommahawk, and drayton valley, also past Fort Sask as well.