PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Fishing Year

BGSH
10-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Thought i would say it has been the most exciting fishing year for me to date, met a lot of great people fishing and this forum has been good for many things as well. Hope everyone had a great year as well, bring on the ice and bring on 2013 for most exciting fishing adventures. CHEERS :)

BeeGuy
10-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Yup, decent open water season.

Always something new to learn.

Wasn't stoked about the 6 weeks+ of muddy run off however.

Still some time left though for a couple monster burbs before ice up.

RavYak
10-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Not a bad summer, weather didn't cooperate on my days off when I was working so didn't get started until August.

In total probably caught 80-100 fish or so, had a couple really good days fishing back in Saskatchewan a couple good days out here around Edmonton. October was rough though getting skunked more often then not...

Probably done for the year now unless the weather warms up in which case might go trout hunting for a day or two.

Biggest thing for me this year was finally getting a boat as well as some new gear. If I can wrangle up everything I am looking for then next year should be a blast.

waterninja
10-22-2012, 04:12 AM
are you guys trying to depress me? theres still two and a half months of good fishing left in 2012. things are slow on the river right now but this is the best time of year to catch the big rainbows.

Flyrod1970
10-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Hopefully your right ninja, as long as it warms up later in the week, the lakes should stay open for a couple more weeks. It is the best time of year to catch the big rainbows and pike, here's hopin......

Gumbi
10-22-2012, 08:21 AM
the slow movin creeks out west had ice over them in spots this weekend...

Geezle
10-22-2012, 08:55 AM
She's definitely getting cold out, but I think I can still pull off a couple more NSR trips at least...and by the time I can't do that anymore there should be some sketchy ice somewhere for me to walk out on! :cool:

The year is far from over! :evilgrin:

Alberta Bigbore
10-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Battle River had a nice skim of ice over it......im thinking if the temps hold... Might be icefishing on chickacoo in two weeks lol