PDA

View Full Version : Nice day trout fishing

YeeHaw
10-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Went out this morning in hopes to hit the Pembina river for one last go for walleye, but got closed out due to ice flows. Could not cast between the ice chunks. Lots of areas froze over, and lots of very large sloughs also froze over compleatly. Hit a small trout lake to check on ice conditions, but ended up trying what small lures I had with me. Ended up hitting the bite, and caught roughly about 15 in a couple hours. Also had a squirrel scare the crap out of me running across my foot while rigging up.

Geezle
10-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Looks like you managed to save the day! Nice pics man!

Paul C
10-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Went out this morning in hopes to hit the Pembina river for one last go for walleye, but got closed out due to ice flows. Could not cast between the ice chunks. Lots of areas froze over, and lots of very large sloughs also froze over completely. Hit a small trout lake to check on ice conditions, but ended up trying what small lures I had with me. Ended up hitting the bite, and caught roughly about 15 in a couple hours. Also had a squirrel scare the crap out of me running across my foot while rigging up.
That squirrel walked on the dock and tried to get into a cup of coffee with bailey's in it. I see county has pulled in the dock for the year and the fishing should start to get real good there soon. Nice four wheel rod holder.
Two weeks ago the fishing was just starting to pick up.

YeeHaw
10-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Was using the dash and the window as a holder while trying to warm up, but they were coming to quick, and a little tough to get a hookset. To bad there were no monsters.

Paul C
10-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Was using the dash and the window as a holder while trying to warm up, but they were coming to quick, and a little tough to get a hookset. To bad there were no monsters.
The one photo showing the weed bed is one of the prime location for bigger rainbows.

waterninja
10-24-2012, 04:16 AM
glad you made it back safely, esp. after that run in with the squirrel.
nice pics but only a "kitty" fishes from his truck.

BGSH
10-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Here is what they got today, stopped by my place and took some photo's.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o564/Shawnsami6/004-16.jpg
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o564/Shawnsami6/005-18.jpg
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o564/Shawnsami6/007-22.jpg

Smaller ones were 12 inches the bigger ones 20-22.5 inches.

Alberta Bigbore
10-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Nice fish!!

WayneChristie
10-24-2012, 09:57 PM
that squirrel looks like a monster, was it drunk? did it have backup waiting in a van? lucky you made it out alive!

1/2 oz Bucktail
10-24-2012, 11:57 PM
UH Oh. Here we go!

Stupid Deep
10-25-2012, 12:14 AM
that squirrel looks like a monster, was it drunk? did it have backup waiting in a van? lucky you made it out alive!
I laughed!

waterninja
10-25-2012, 03:03 AM
you should have just gave that squirrel the 5 bucks for parking like he asked. you know he might have some buddies waiting in the trees. looks like you made it home safely but next time you might not be so lucky. if i were you you i'd be especially carefull as they are looking for nuts right now.
nice bows. congrats. must have been cold out there.

YeeHaw
10-25-2012, 10:55 AM
you should have just gave that squirrel the 5 bucks for parking like he asked. you know he might have some buddies waiting in the trees. looks like you made it home safely but next time you might not be so lucky. if i were you you i'd be especially carefull as they are looking for nuts right now.
nice bows. congrats. must have been cold out there.

Must be looking for nuts, bugger ran up my friend Matt's leg twice yesterday.

ice
10-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Haha Friendly squirel Is Getting "Real" Friendly ;)