PDA

View Full Version : The Happy Trappers

Walleye Willy
10-24-2012, 11:59 PM
I've been following the Happy Trappers blog for a while but now I am unable to log on to their site. When I try, there is a message that it is by invite only. Does anyone have a link to access their blog or know how to get an invite to it? I did notice on their site that there was additional access available for a fee. Is this the only way to access the blog now and if so how do you do it. I can't Google any info on it.
Thanks for any help.

jim summit
10-25-2012, 07:26 AM
X 2. :confused:

molly
10-25-2012, 09:24 AM
I was following it for quite a while and saw that they were planning to ask for money. I do not recall an actual deadline but the way they have done this, no one can even ask to sign up! I didn't feel like paying the $15.00 or whatever they were asking, but now you can't even contact them. I have not run across paying for receiving blog updates, but I am sure others do it.
There may have been other options to make this blog more rewarding for them, like selling advertising or writing a self-published book and selling that. It's too bad, as I really enjoyed it.:(

jim summit
10-27-2012, 10:11 AM
:)

molly
10-28-2012, 09:30 AM
YAY!! Thanks, Jim!:)

wiserfool
11-06-2012, 07:45 PM
They still have their regular blog too, but they moved it. The link is http://thehappytrappers2.blogspot.ca/.

thehappytrapper
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
We are sorry for all the confusion. The Happy Trappers Blog is continuing the story on the new site. We also created a Subscription Blog so that we could post things that the general public do not want thrown in their face. Things like skinning Wolves, Wolverines caught in traps, making Buffalo Wood stoves, Martens hanging in the air. We require a pretty good understanding that the people watching the Subs. blog are not people who are trying to get people off the land. In our area conservation groups have been able to buy out the guide-outfitter and there is nothing they would like better than to close down the trapping also. Have a great winter Vikki and Bryan thehappytrappers@gmail.com,http://thehappytrappers2.blogspot.ca

steve
11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
We are sorry for all the confusion. The Happy Trappers Blog is continuing the story on the new site. We also created a Subscription Blog so that we could post things that the general public do not want thrown in their face. Things like skinning Wolves, Wolverines caught in traps, making Buffalo Wood stoves, Martens hanging in the air. We require a pretty good understanding that the people watching the Subs. blog are not people who are trying to get people off the land. In our area conservation groups have been able to buy out the guide-outfitter and there is nothing they would like better than to close down the trapping also. Have a great winter Vikki and Bryan thehappytrappers@gmail.com,http://thehappytrappers2.blogspot.ca

Are you talking about the area that Guy and Elsie accidentally sold to an anti group? From what i can gather from your pictures and stories it sounds like you are in the same area.

I enjoy you blog thanks for your time and effort.

thehappytrapper
11-08-2012, 03:13 PM
that's the area. Guy and Elsie are great people and good friends of ours. Guy is still a great Wolfer.

molly
02-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Just bumping this back up!
I kinda forgot to check in on these folks and now I have to spend some time to catch up.
Think I will subscribe to the original blog too. I see they have books out!! :)