PDA

View Full Version : Mo Bradley, A Kamloops Legend

KoldFusion
10-25-2012, 09:23 AM
I remember as a kid growing up in Kamloops BC watching a fly tying show on the local cable channel called Just Fly Tying.

I did some some poking around on the internets and was pleased to see that good ole Mo Bradley is still kicking and doing well. In fact he was inducted in to the Kamloops Sports Hall of Fame this last April 2012.

Mo was one of my inspirations as a teenager to go out an explore the Kamloops area. If you are interested in fly fishing in or around Kamloops, or fly fishing in general, his site has lots of useful information.

http://www.best-in-british-columbia.com/

It's nice to know some of my heroes are still active in the sport.

:fishing:

hiddenwalleye
10-25-2012, 01:40 PM
:)..I used to live in Kamloop's in the late 80's, he had his show going then, learned a lot from his. always had time for you, didn't hide his secret holes or what lake is hot hot at the time, still have the fly box and some flies that I had him make for me back then!!!

Thanks for the Post!!!

:acigar:

HW

KoldFusion
10-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Mo was my ambassador to getting off the boat while my Step-Dad trolled every lake in BC while I shore crawled.

I love that him and Brian Chan are sort of teaming up and revitalizing awareness for the BC fisheries. Lots of 'kids' are being raised today not understanding the ethos behind sportfishing, or the impact they have on their own environment.

My Step-Dad never got in to fly fishing. To this day he still does his lake-laps in the BC interior.

Mind ya, the fish he catches could eat all my fish in one gulp.

Mo, if you ever read this I want to thank you for all you have done for the sport. Your wisdom, patience, and guidance will be forever timeless. What you have taught us we will teach our own children and friends for generations to come.

Rick.
10-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the site. I'll have a look tonight. I have read a couple of tying books by Jack Shaw ( also a Kamloops Sportsman) who has passed on but was chironimid fishing a lifetime before it caught on. Great tying books. Thanks again. Rick.

Toirtis
10-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Kamloops in 1980 is where and when I discovered fly-fishing and tying....I well remember fishing a few times with Mo, Jack Shaw, and Brian Chan....probably the three biggest influences on my first couple of decades of fly-fishing.

pikergolf
10-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Kamloops in 1980 is where and when I discovered fly-fishing and tying....I well remember fishing a few times with Mo, Jack Shaw, and Brian Chan....probably the three biggest influences on my first couple of decades of fly-fishing.

Do you remember a places called Yosh's fly shop, in Kamloops?

KoldFusion
10-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Do you remember a places called Yosh's fly shop, in Kamloops?

I think it's called Yosh's Hook & Tackle Shop now. In Downtown Kamloops.

I pretty much bought all my tying gear from Surplus Herbies.