PDA

View Full Version : Berry michelles guide

Fishingaddict
10-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Sorry for spelling but has anyone seen it out yet this season if so where can I buy it around high river if not when does it usually come out?

huntin'fool
10-26-2012, 12:32 PM
New edition in March/April maybe? I seem to recall picking it up early Spring. Can't remember exactly

In any case, there are still copies of the current edition available at your local Canadian Tire.

Okotokian
10-26-2012, 01:18 PM
I wonder how often those entries are really updated. Each body of water should have the year it was last reviewed posted. There is NO way he or even a team could hit every one each year. If you have one from a couple of years ago I have to believe it's essentially the same info, just with a few new articles around it for filler.

hiddenwalleye
10-26-2012, 01:30 PM
:mad3:...That Guide is Soooooo Outdated it's not even Funny!!!...Good Book for directions but after that All Bull @#%$.!!!....Take Isle Lake this year, was totally Winter Killed in 2011, take a look at what Barry say's the type's of fish too expect are..:sHa_sarcasticlol:

My Two Cents

:acigar:

HW

Kokanee9
10-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I wonder how often those entries are really updated. Each body of water should have the year it was last reviewed posted. There is NO way he or even a team could hit every one each year. If you have one from a couple of years ago I have to believe it's essentially the same info, just with a few new articles around it for filler.

Excellent idea for the date of the last review.

Also, boat launch locations would be helpful also.

waterninja
10-26-2012, 08:12 PM
met a fellow at home depot named roy swenson who is going to publish a similliar guide called "fish lake alberta". took a look at some of the material he had already gathered and the pics. were very good with hydrographics included. he says his guide will be much more extensive than barry mitchels but i'll wait and see.

GrandeCachefisher
10-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Mitchell is the biggest crook in this province. This book has been updated once in ten yrs. Buy it once for directions and don't waste anymore of your money.

tbosch
10-27-2012, 08:12 PM
New edition in March/April maybe? I seem to recall picking it up early Spring. Can't remember exactly

In any case, there are still copies of the current edition available at your local Canadian Tire.

It is in the spring. I watch him load boxes of them in to his pickup across the street from me. And for all the negative nellies..\if you've never met the man he is a great guy and has some amazing stories. He's also always been quick to share a fishing hole or a fly thats working as well. I'd pay 6.99 or whatever the mags worth just to bs with him for 20 minutes.

Gust
10-27-2012, 08:13 PM
He got a lot of people out exploring before the internet was around for the commoner. If you are driving to seek and explore you are more that halfway there ti being a good fisherman.

Before the internet at this time if year, we would go for a drive with both ice rods and summer rods, nobody around to drop a text to from home. If completely unfshable, then it was touristing the province.