PDA

View Full Version : Fork Lake

wildlifebio
05-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Hey guys,

Thinking of heading out to Fork Lake for the long weekend. Anybody got any advice on where to fish on that lake?

Thanks in advance.

avb3
05-15-2008, 07:36 PM
From the campground fish either on the right (North) shore, or go past the narrows on the left side and fish off the islands. Be VERY careful, as the lake has dropped a lot in the last few years, and there are a number of rocks close to the surface in the narrows. This is the lake my kids learned to fish on.

PlayDoh
05-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Be VERY careful

Ya no Forkin around!

Walleyes
05-15-2008, 08:15 PM
If this is the Fork Lake in the Rich Lake area in the north east of the province then I will say it again maybe it will sink in this time.... THE LAKES IN THE NORTHERN PART OF THE PROVINCE WILL NOT BE ICE FREE THIS MAY LONG WEEKEND. It is going to be the end of the month till the lakes are fishable.. Again if this is a differant Fork Lake then please forgive me...

hogsmoker
05-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Actually Walleyes Elinor Lake was ice free on Tues, and a good rule of thumb is Pinherest is usually off 4 to 7 days after Elinor, I could see Fork Lake ice free, this wind the last couple of days made a huge difference. The problem with Pinherest is the ice probaly all pushed up on the South shoreline in front of the boat launch.

Walleyes
05-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Well could be,, it is a good sign if they are breaking... It is surprising given they were all still white solid a week ago.. Geuss that old sun is just gettin to strong...

wylecoyote
05-15-2008, 10:04 PM
I have fished that lake since I was a kid. You should find some pike out by the island on the north east fork. Or try by the mouth of the bay at the far north end of the lake. Perch seem hard to find lately but they used to hang out around the shallow bays where the two forks meet.

hogsmoker
05-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Ya, the guy at Elinor Resort told us that there was people walking on Pinherest last Sat. We have a friend that called 1/2 hour ago and he is at Pinherest as I write this and he said there is no way you can launch a boat at Pinherest, so I'am taken this as the ice is all piled up on shore or still ice covered, didn't get the details, but Elinor is ice free.

wildlifebio
05-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes!

P.S. For the record we checked out the lake yesterday and the ice is off the lake for the most part, except for a few spots around the shore. Won't be any problem getting around!

silverado7
07-20-2008, 07:05 PM
So how was the fishing at Fork? The reason I ask is that I have a friend over in Afghanistan right now and he and his wife are thinking about some 'recreational' property for them and 2 kids. His father is from Bonneyville and mentioned fork Lake, but they are open to looking at property/cabin anywhere in Ablerta.
Thanks for any input.. I will put another post in the general section.