PDA

View Full Version : carburn park

waterfowler
05-16-2008, 04:11 PM
has anyone been to carburn park in calgary? is the fishing any good?

TreeGuy
05-16-2008, 04:23 PM
I took the kids there a couple of years back for an outing. We fished the whole way around the pond over 3 hours with nary a bite. It was more an exercise in drowning worms!:D

Never been back, but they say that there is the odd pike in there, but I'm not sure. Good luck.

Tree

tchow
05-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Haven't been there for a few years now also, but there is 3 ponds there. If you access via the Parking lot it'll be the very South end. Walk North along the Walkway and you'll come across the second. Don't know if it got winter killed or not as there was Perch and Pike to be caught. Used the Camera and drilled holes that year during the Hardwater and not a fish in sight. The very far North Pond(can see Glenmore trail) was the most consistant for Pike(Average 1-2 lbs) and Perch(6-8") Residents called this Lake Bona Ogden....LOL
The South end of this pond was good for Perch with Slipbobbers and Leeches. Pending on the Weed Beds, we would set around 5-6' for the Perch. For the Pike, Bobber with Smelt/Minnows about 4 ft. Small spoons and Rapalas also worked well. As I mentioned before, haven't been back for a few years as this place got heavily pressured.
You might want to try out at Glenmore Res for Pike, Perch, and odd Rainbow or Brown.