PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun May 17-08

Morph1
05-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey dudes !!,

This morning went with buddy of mine to East Pit for some trout and got skunked fly fishing from shore, got there at around 6 am and fished till about 10 am, nobody was catching anyhting from shore,
well I suggested we go to Wabamun to that chanel by the power plant fishing from shore, finally after the climb up the hill at east pit what a blast it was to be at Wabamun in about 2 hours we scored over 20 gators, and the one in the picture was the biggest one weighing 14 LBS.:)
I just can't imagine how much action we would've got if we were there at 6 am...
there was also dead floating big sucker fish must've been a 4 lbs , big and thick, seen people fishing in the boats catching even quantities.
Got sun burned bad , left my long sleeve and hat in the car, now I'm in fricken pain :mad3: ,

Well next weekend maybe another trip but much earlier...

Cheers !

Special Blend
05-17-2008, 10:28 PM
I was on Wabamun as well on Friday with my wife. We tested out the boat mostly but also fished for about 1 hr and caught a bunch of sharks. Nothing too large though, maybe 6 pounds max.

Alberta Bigbore
05-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Nice lookin Esox:D

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-18-2008, 01:54 AM
great lookin pike , thanks for sharein.

collectornine
05-18-2008, 04:45 AM
Great looking Fish nice colour thanks for shareing the pic and story.:)

-JR-
05-18-2008, 06:36 AM
We went out in our boat satuday around 10 am in wab fishing was slow that time of day ,but every fish we caught seem to be half dead.
They did not fight ,they just pull in like a log ,and when you graped them they just layed in your hand motionless while pulling out the hook .
I hope it has nothing to do with the spill .

JohninAB
05-18-2008, 07:31 AM
JR, you heading out there today? Think I am going to head out there in a bit or may try South Buck for walleyes.

The fish I caught on Friday evening were full of pee and vinegar. Lots of fight. Heck had to tighten the drag up on the one nearly as tight as it would go.

-JR-
05-18-2008, 08:32 AM
just going to lay low and away from lakes ,might head down to the river as its just 6blocks down. let me know about south buck .
Why is cabo selling everything

Morph1
05-18-2008, 10:05 PM
every fish we caught seem to be half dead.
They did not fight ,they just pull in like a log ,and when you graped them they just layed in your hand motionless while pulling out the hook .
I hope it has nothing to do with the spill .

Well that's kind of odd cause every fish we caught fought like crazy,
that 14 pounder made about 6 runs before we could handle him, but yeah for the picture he kind of sit still like a pretty model LOL, maybe the gators are aware of the new regulations and pretty much knew we were gonna throw him back in the water.:lol:
When I hooked to him man he ever spool my line out, but from my last years experience at Coal lake I learned to control and adjust the brake on my reel, before casting out for this type of fish,
20 LBS fire line hardly ever fails.

Cheers Guys!